ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
sangeetha_kalaivanan

(QUERY) Not getting any interview calls

Dear Chetana MadamI am Sangeetha here.I am a 2005 passout.I have not calls from any companies.I have got only 58% overall in my MCM(Masters in Computer Management).I donno how to go about it.Which companies should i apply for this percentage.Please help me regarding this.I am not able to attend any written test or interviews.Thank youSangeetha :rolleyes:

Dear Chetana MadamI am Sangeetha here.I am a 2005 passout.I have not calls from any companies.I have got only 58% overall in my MCM(Masters in Computer Management).I donno how to go about it.Which companies should i apply for this percentage.Please help me regarding this.I am not able to attend any written test or interviews.Thank youSangeetha :rolleyes:

hello sangeethahis is Balaji from chennai ,i saw ur quote in chetenas.Iam also a 2005 passout with low percentage,and now iam working in a s/w company,so dont worry abt that,and look for some smaller companies they dont have the percentage criteria,so dont go for MNC's they all will ask for the percentage of marks from ur schooling...balanandha@gmail.com is my mail id if u have any querey u can contact me with this..byeall the beat for ur futureBalanandha

hello sangeethahis is Balaji from chennai ,i saw ur quote in chetenas.Iam also a 2005 passout with low percentage,and now iam working in a s/w company,so dont worry abt that,and look for some smaller companies they dont have the percentage criteria,so dont go for MNC's they all will ask for the percentage of marks from ur schooling...balanandha@gmail.com is my mail id if u have any querey u can contact me with this..byeall the beat for ur futureBalanandha

Hi Sangeetha / Balaji - Here is my way of approach - Gr8t way to start . End of the day just give your BESTIMP - Dont Miss read each line carefully.So you have failed irrespective of your efforts and endeavours; no problem. You can say to yourself ‘this was not my company, there are hundred more good companies and I will get into a better one’. I know how bitter the disappointment is, but life does not stop. The show must go on and on. This day you have not lost anything but gained something. You have gained experience, which makes you handle pressure in a better manner next time. You have got to interact with few people and got to know your shortcomings, on which you can always work and improve yourself. Yeah, I know how difficult it is to take these things positively. When I had failed in my first four interviews, I was so much disappointed that when one of my friends asked “Hey still you have not been selected? This time I wish you will be selectedâ€. I had replied sarcastically “I am ready to face hundred interviewsâ€. That day I came and watched the film ‘Kabhi Han and Kabhi Na’ which changed my way of thinking. In the film the character Suneel is a normal guy with ambitions and the desire to get his girl. To succeed or to get what he wants he tries in every way, he even lies here and there but does not succeed. But he does not feel guilty or disappointed at all. He keeps telling his parents that one day he will become a successful person. He tries again, but fails. He is restless; he looks more fresh and optimistic every time he tries. Ultimately he loses his love for whom he had yearned several years. But even then he smiles and hopes he will succeed some day. Kundan Shah has directed the movie very much realistically. This movie inspired me so much so that when I failed afterwards I never felt the disappointment. Again next time with a smile on the face and hope in my eyes I went for the interview. So I strongly recommend you to watch KHKN which is the story of optimism. You can look back what were the areas in which you didn’t perform well. I Strongly recomand you to Sit and work on those areas. And again with new hope and a fresh look apply for the next company. You may fail hundred times, but one day will surely be yours and that day you will feel like you have conquered the world. Feeling dejected makes you miss your moments. Good moments don’t come often in our life; one should live every moment that comes his way. Say yesterday, you had failed and today you have your brother’s wedding. If you are dejected, nervous and don’t enjoy the occasion and after couple of days if you get a better job, you will repent throughout your life that you could have enjoyed your brother’s wedding - It Happened in any one perrsonal life. ‘When a door is closed for us, we tend to look at the closed door for so long that we never observe the other opened doors’. When I and many of my friends failed in Infosys I was so disappointed for weeks that I never realized when the companies, TCS, CTS, L&T came and went away. So please don’t get carried away with your failures. One more thing, always stay focussed on one particular thing. Say you have five call letters, please never ever think that you have so many calls and you can get into one or the other. Otherwise you will land up nowhere. Hence aim only the interview, you have right ahead and just do it.There is nothing called success because success is purely virtual and has no boundaries. So always commit to CANI (Constant And Never-ending Improvement), then what ever they call success, money, fame will all be yours. Yours CaringMust for All my Friends / FreshersJagadish Thirumalachetty

Hi Sangeetha,Cheer up. Its not that percentage alone matters but the big companies goes by percentage cut off since it helps them to short list.Well defintely you can enter in to this field with a bit of extra effort. Big companies gives advertisements but many small note worthy companies do recruit.They dont publish it bcoz they dont recruit in 100's and 1000's.Hence target small companies and when you get a interview chance impress them with your communication skills and analytical skills.So cheerup yourself.There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them. -- Phyllis BottomeCheersMuthu

Dear Ms. Sangeetha!I can completely understand u because, i too have less percentage. Of course there are less opportunies, but THERE ARE OPPORTUNITIES. That's what we need. Look for small companies where u can get experience along with technical knowledge. Remember that hare and tortoise! I have nothing much to say!RegardsHari Narayana