ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
chetanaforum

HR FAQ : Apart from our company, are you currently applying for any other companies also ?

HR Interview FAQ

What will be your answer to this important HR question ?

Apart from our company, are you currently applying for any other companies also ?

Important: Please wait till below HR FAQ image(s) get loaded...

www.ChetanaS.com

Posted Image

I’d just be honest. What type of job search are you in? Active? Passive?

Often when a Recruiter asks “what other companies are you talking to?”, people freak out and panic and feel threatened. The reality is 90% of the time I ask, I just want to know one thing: Does the job we’re discussing seem to fit what you’re looking for overall? Will you be happy in the job, etc.

If you’re very passive and not looking at many opportunities, I’d say something like this: “I’m not in an active search but I’m quietly looking around and I feel ready to make a change when the right opportunities comes up”. Just be prepared to describe what that right opportunity looks like for you.

If you’re actively searching, tell them “Yes, I’m in an active job search as we speak but my priority is to find the best-fitting position, so I’m conducting a careful search and being sure to evaluate everything carefully.” (so you don’t sound desperate.

Hopefully this makes sense. Hard to give more advice without knowing your specific situation or if there’s something you’re trying to hide or not share. Let me know if you have any questions.