ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
tharikishore_iiit

SCOTT ACCOUNT IN SQLPLUS LOCKED - Plzzzzzzzzzz help me

Hello chetanaites,Recently I have loaded oracle10g in my system which is p3. As it took a lot of time in loading, I skipped password management option.Now when i am trying to log into sql+ using scott/tiger account, it is giving following errorError:ORA-28000 - the account is lockedI tried the following but couldnot unlock scott account.G:\oracle10g\product\10.1.0\cd sqlplusG:\oracle10g\product\10.1.0\sqlplus\sqlplus/nologSQL> connect sys/(PASSWORD) as sysdbaSQL> alter user scott account unlock.This is not working. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.

U did a big mistake by skiping the password management section. All your acounts are first locked you have to unlock them manually. now you have uninstall the oracle completely and install again. then in the password management section it will ask you to unlock the acounts and you can specify the reqiured pasword.This is the method i know as i also did same mistake when i first installed oracle.If there are any other methods then try them also .

Thank you for replying and so suggestions,I have done a very small mistake which we donot concentrate on and overlook.the command alter user scott account unlock is correct. in oracle, every command should beterminated by a ;.instead, i didnot give ;Thank u all for spending your valuable time in answering to my problem.Thankuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu very much.Thank you for replying and for so many suggestions,I have done a very small mistake which we donot concentrate on and overlook.the command 'alter user scott account unlock' is correct. in oracle, every command should beterminated by a ;.instead, i didnot give ;Thank u all for spending your valuable time in answering to my problem.Thankuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu very much.

First You can log into sql using sql*plus or isqlplus(you can not login sys user without authentication) with your system/<Password Of System User>.

Then you can try this command

1.)alter user scott account unlock

Now you can login using your scott user.may be the case on login oracle show login incorrect then type this command with system user

2.)alter user scott identified by tiger.

you can mail me on sanjay.lucknow32@gmail.com

Hello chetanaites,

Recently I have loaded oracle10g in my system which is p3. As it took a lot of time in loading,

I skipped password management option.

Now when i am trying to log into sql+ using scott/tiger account, it is giving following error

Error:

ORA-28000 - the account is locked

answer..............

dear user,

first of all connect to database as sysdba privileges..

sql> alter user scott identified by tiger;

sql>alter user scott account unlock;

now connect by scott

sql> conn scott/tiger

or

sql>conn scott/tiger@database_name

this will work 100 percent.........

First You can log into sql using sql*plus or isqlplus(you can not login sys user without authentication) with your system/<Password Of System User>.

Then you can try this command

1.)alter user scott account unlock

Now you can login using your scott user.may be the case on login oracle show login incorrect then type this command with system user

2.)alter user scott identified by tiger.

you can mail me on sanjay.lucknow32@gmail.com

thanks for giving suggestion sir,same problem i got,thank u very much

Hello chetanaites,Recently I have loaded oracle10g in my system which is p3. As it took a lot of time in loading, I skipped password management option.Now when i am trying to log into sql+ using scott/tiger account, it is giving following errorError:ORA-28000 - the account is lockedI tried the following but couldnot unlock scott account.G:\oracle10g\product\10.1.0\cd sqlplusG:\oracle10g\product\10.1.0\sqlplus\sqlplus/nologSQL> connect sys/(PASSWORD) as sysdbaSQL> alter user scott account unlock.This is not working. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.