ChetanaSforum
rahul_frenz

TCS or Mindtree

Hi all,

I recently joined this forum and started to like it already..I am in final year of my b.tech (computer sc & engg)...During the campus recruitment i got offers from both Mindtree and TCs both paying equally around 3.2 lakhs pa.I need advice on which one should i join and why according to you.And if someone can tell me what the take home salary for these two companies will be..that will be appreciated.

I am great at PHP..good at C..and Coding overall.

I if given a chance would will to work in web technologies.

All replies will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all,I recently joined this forum and started to like it already..I am in final year of my b.tech (computer sc & engg)...During the campus recruitment i got offers from both Mindtree and TCs both paying equally around 3.2 lakhs pa.I need advice on which one should i join and why according to you.And if someone can tell me what the take home salary for these two companies will be..that will be appreciated.I am great at PHP..good at C..and Coding overall.I if given a chance would will to work in web technologies.All replies will be highly appreciated.Thanks

congracts first of alltcs takes much time for joining it may take minimum 6mnts time after completion of ur b.techand i dont knw abt the other company

congracts first of alltcs takes much time for joining it may take minimum 6mnts time after completion of ur b.techand i dont knw abt the other company

First of thanks for replying... yes i also heard about the delay..however i was trying to know which one will be better in long term..in term of carrier opportunity..salaries..etc

Hi all,I recently joined this forum and started to like it already..I am in final year of my b.tech (computer sc & engg)...During the campus recruitment i got offers from both Mindtree and TCS both paying equally around 3.2 lakhs pa.I need advice on which one should i join and why according to you.And if someone can tell me what the take home salary for these two companies will be..that will be appreciated.I am great at PHP..good at C..and Coding overall.I if given a chance would will to work in web technologies.All replies will be highly appreciated.Thanks

hi rahul,I would choose TCS for various reasons.MindTree is good, but it's a medium sized company. The opportunities & brand name at TCS are much higher. Also, the number of onsite opportunities at TCS are far higher than other companies. (though Onsite primarily depends on project & client requirement.)be noted : what technologies you know does not matter in most companies. After initial training, they will decide which technology u should work (based on their project requirements.) Just because you are interested in Web Technology, they won't allocate you that.My friend (fresher) did a JAVA course and working as 'Testing Engineer' in Accenture. After training, they took some lottery to allocate people to various technologies and he got 'Testing' where as some others got SAP & J2EE.The only problem I see with TCS is that they may allocate you to any location in India after training. But MindTree's primary location is Bangalore, so you may get placement there only. btw, where are you currently ? MindTree must have offered in Bangalore. Where does TCS offer ?ps: Take home salary cannot be told, as it depends on what are the savings you show...etc but I can assure you 'take home' in all indian companies will be pathetic ;)

hi rahul,I would choose TCS for various reasons.MindTree is good, but it's a medium sized company. The opportunities & brand name at TCS are much higher. Also, the number of onsite opportunities at TCS are far higher than other companies. (though Onsite primarily depends on project & client requirement.)be noted : what technologies you know does not matter in most companies. After initial training, they will decide which technology u should work (based on their project requirements.) Just because you are interested in Web Technology, they won't allocate you that.My friend (fresher) did a JAVA course and working as 'Testing Engineer' in Accenture. After training, they took some lottery to allocate people to various technologies and he got 'Testing' where as some others got SAP & J2EE.The only problem I see with TCS is that they may allocate you to any location in India after training. But MindTree's primary location is Bangalore, so you may get placement there only. btw, where are you currently ? MindTree must have offered in Bangalore. Where does TCS offer ?ps: Take home salary cannot be told, as it depends on what are the savings you show...etc but I can assure you 'take home' in all indian companies will be pathetic ;)

Hi vijji,Thanks a lot for taking time and replying to all my queries.TCS most probable location is Calcutta.Currently i am in odisha.