ChetanaSforum
homealone

can i get job ?

HI

I have completed my engineering in 2010 , but i have backlogs :(

I want to know if m i eligible for any company ?

can i apply for any company during this period ?

and what should i write about my year of passing in resume ?

i have read many forms , some of them says that its possible there are some companies but i dont know procedure to apply all jobs on

monster,firstnaukari, sakrarinaukari ,etc ask for graduate

i am working hard , preparing for back exams and also devote some time to aptitude and english.

i can not go for any training because , i was pursuing DIPLOMA IN .NET from NIIT.{cost around 28k }

but they didn't arrange any class and now this matter is in CONSUMER COURT.

guys please help me out , otherwise i have to quit this life :(

Hey dude, I am very sorry to hear that You have lot of issues,

But not to worry, Since you said you have back logs, So no IT companies will recruit, but you can try with BPO's for the time being Until you completed your back logs, also keep preparing for the Aptitude and communication skills, when time comes, I am sure you will clear your backlogs and got placed in a good IT company. And these Diploma in .Net is an added advantage for you to get in to the IT industry, as you can find there is a lot of .Net developers required, so Concentrate on Clearing your backlogs as soon as possible, wonderful career opportunity is waiting ahead for you, God Bless You...

Life is full of confidence, So never give up your hope, if you have struggle a lot in the first half of life then the second half of the life will be happy. So keep this in mind, and remove all the negative thoughts from your mind. ALL THE BEST.

devnathan@ thanks dev but i read somewhere that we can apply for some it companies tooand i haven't completed that diploma they didnt arrange any class and taken all money .and now this matter is in consumer court .and also my dad is not interested to give any money for any other course. So i m just stuck here .can u plz tell me what should i write about my year of passing and format of resume.i highly appreciate your effort and once again thanks a lot for your blessing :)

devnathan@

thanks dev but i read somewhere that we can apply for some it companies too

and i haven't completed that diploma they didnt arrange any class and taken all money .

and now this matter is in consumer court .

and also my dad is not interested to give any money for any other course. So i m just stuck here .

can u plz tell me what should i write about my year of passing and format of resume.

i highly appreciate your effort and once again thanks a lot for your blessing :)

Year of passing should be 2010, as you have completed your course, but the only thing is you have some backlogs, so You just mention the year of completion as 2010, and when they ask do you have any backlogs then mention them about it. Regarding format of resume, you have to make clear with the skills what you are excelled in, for example, if you have excellent knowledge in C or C++ or Java, you can mention that, if you have completed any Certified course like NIIT, you can mention it, or else if you have taken any International Certification exams like Oracle, Microsoft or Sun Micro-systems, you can mention that in your resume, which will be helpful in fetching a Good software Job, in-spite of having any backlogs you will get a chance to express your Knowledge. Regarding NIIT, can you please explain me, what exactly happen, as I am also the alumni of NIIT, I cleared ma DJVT (Diploma in Java Technology from Nungambakkam branch) this month only, and I am attending placements arranged by NIIT. so if you feel free please share your thoughts with me.

devnathan@

thanks dev

The NIIT TRAGEDY

actually i went to NIIT to study ASP. NET but they refused and suggested me to join other course of C# so i did that.

after that i thought that i can join 3 month certification course in ASP.NET but they again made a lot excuses that its not proper way to learn and blah blah ,nonsense in my sense , as i was pursuing engineering , m not someone who come from arts or commerce field.

They suggested me to join new course DIPLOMA IN DOT.NET technology. First i hesitated because the course offered by them is quite expensive.

I could learn .Net in Rs 6000 and they offered me this course cost Rs33000,and most worst thing about this course is that i have to pay again cost of C# course bcz that was a complete package,

My dad was against this course though i insisted him to let me do this.

finally they successfully made me fool.

Once i joined the course, they stared made excuse that we dont have faculty, or we can arrange only in morning, Y dont u join other batch start at 1 am , we will surly going to start after a week keep in touch dont miss that, we cant arrange classes in evening as there is no faculty or we have to make a batch only then its possible and so on oh god! i waited 6 months for classes :-|

now you are wondering that y didnt i join some other batch , right ?

Yeah, i could if only college let me do so, i could not skip college ,very strict about attendance.

So i had no option i just stuck.

now yur question would be y not after college?

that was last option , i tried but my dad refused to bear more expenses as that wasn't my city , i have to move back to my home, and i understand that was not possible for my dad as my elder sister was pursuing microbiology and her tuition was 2 lakh.

So, this is whole story and i regret that y i didnt listen to my dad :(

and made it all mess.

i simply hate than more than anything else.

-----------------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO now on back to topic , my year of passing is 2010 and i mention that m pursuing engg ?

agg percentage till 8th sem , right ?

one more question sir i have participation certification can i mention that ?

RED HAT

SOFT SKILLS

AUTO CAD

ANIMAX that is maya intro organized by IIT Guwahati

as they are just participation , m not sure should i mention that or not , scared that at time of technical interview , they gonna ask everything and could be irked when they realize thats just participation certificate.

thanks a lot for your concern :)

devnathan@

thanks dev

The NIIT TRAGEDY

actually i went to NIIT to study ASP. NET but they refused and suggested me to join other course of C# so i did that.

after that i thought that i can join 3 month certification course in ASP.NET but they again made a lot excuses that its not proper way to learn and blah blah ,nonsense in my sense , as i was pursuing engineering , m not someone who come from arts or commerce field.

They suggested me to join new course DIPLOMA IN DOT.NET technology. First i hesitated because the course offered by them is quite expensive.

I could learn .Net in Rs 6000 and they offered me this course cost Rs33000,and most worst thing about this course is that i have to pay again cost of C# course bcz that was a complete package,

My dad was against this course though i insisted him to let me do this.

finally they successfully made me fool.

Once i joined the course, they stared made excuse that we dont have faculty, or we can arrange only in morning, Y dont u join other batch start at 1 am , we will surly going to start after a week keep in touch dont miss that, we cant arrange classes in evening as there is no faculty or we have to make a batch only then its possible and so on oh god! i waited 6 months for classes :-|

now you are wondering that y didnt i join some other batch , right ?

Yeah, i could if only college let me do so, i could not skip college ,very strict about attendance.

So i had no option i just stuck.

now yur question would be y not after college?

that was last option , i tried but my dad refused to bear more expenses as that wasn't my city , i have to move back to my home, and i understand that was not possible for my dad as my elder sister was pursuing microbiology and her tuition was 2 lakh.

So, this is whole story and i regret that y i didnt listen to my dad :(

and made it all mess.

i simply hate than more than anything else.

-----------------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO now on back to topic , my year of passing is 2010 and i mention that m pursuing engg ?

agg percentage till 8th sem , right ?

one more question sir i have participation certification can i mention that ?

RED HAT

SOFT SKILLS

AUTO CAD

ANIMAX that is maya intro organized by IIT Guwahati

as they are just participation , m not sure should i mention that or not , scared that at time of technical interview , they gonna ask everything and could be irked when they realize thats just participation certificate.

thanks a lot for your concern :)

Not to worry dude, but to be frank with you, I joined NIIT after completing ma BE (ECE) from Anna University, I am a 2009 passed out, after finishing ma BE, I found there is a severe recession, and companies are not hiring, no recruitment is taking place, so I joined call Center Industry, It helps me developing ma communication a lot, I worked for 6 months later I resigned ma job and with the salary what I got from ma BPO job, I joined in NIIT for C and C++ they ask me to pay Rs.6200 for that, I paid and completed ma 1 and 1/2 months course and then Immediately I joined for Java(DJVT) its a full time course for that I paid Rs33000 , which also has basics from C and C++, I was wondering how you joined NIIT while doing your BE, I find you did a mistake there, first you should have completed your BE then joined NIIT, so that by this time you would have completed the course Successfully, to be frank with you, NIIT wont stick on to particular time frame, they will keep on changing time, so you have to make yourself available for all classes, if you miss or skip any classes its highly difficult to understand other chapters, So from ma point of View, I think what NIIT faculty told is right, at the start of the class is right, you can do any part time course like C# where it wont take much time, whereas Diploma in .Net is a full time course, where you have spend at least 6hrs a day, 4hrs theory and 2hrs lab, so Its not possible to have BE and NIIT on the same hand.

Dude I want to help you regarding these Problem what you are facing with NIIT, you can contact Nungambakkam Head office and you can schedule your class accordingly but one thing I want to say, make sure you have to spend 6hrs a day for diploma in .Net, the NIIT curriculum itself designed in such a way that every one should learn the technology In and out, But I am optimistic about ma faculty, he is a Very excellent chap, he always keeps up his word, he is perfect in handling class and he finished everything on time, he never ever skipped a single class, even I too not even missed a single class. at last he guided me to take OCJP(International exam) I took that exam on his guidance, and cleared with 90%, I never forget ma wonderful Journey with NIIT. I told all these because, don't think NIIT fooled you, they usually help students, its all depends on which center you are Joining.

dev@ sorry sir but i cleared my situation to them before joining this course and they promised me to provide batch at evening. Now according to me, if they knew that something like that isn't possible then they should never promised okay !

Second point is this they arrange alternative two class of theory each of 2 hrs in a week and 2 hrs for practical. So its adjustable with BE , 2 hrs not much.

Well leave it, you believe it or not , its business nothing more than that.

thanks for sharing your experience but in my case you see its worst experience of life may be.

tell me about the format of resume plz

thanks you're really very helpful person :)

dev@ sorry sir but i cleared my situation to them before joining this course and they promised me to provide batch at evening. Now according to me, if they knew that something like that isn't possible then they should never promised okay !

Second point is this they arrange alternative two class of theory each of 2 hrs in a week and 2 hrs for practical. So its adjustable with BE , 2 hrs not much.

Well leave it, you believe it or not , its business nothing more than that.

thanks for sharing your experience but in my case you see its worst experience of life may be.

tell me about the format of resume plz

thanks you're really very helpful person :)

Regarding resume, First put the things which you knows very well, Don't forget to mention about your final year project, as you can attract Interviewers to ask a lot of questions from that, In any interview they will check whats your final project and whats your role in that project, so mention that clearly, along with below details....

1.Name

Address

Telephone Number

Email address

2.Career Objective: Mention your objectives

3.Educational Qualifications:

4.Project: Detailed description about your final year project

5.Computer Skills(Including International papers if you have taken any)

6.Extra Curricular Activities:

7. Hobbies

8.Languages known

9. Strength( mention some extraordinary quality that you posses like positive, Confident, Dynamic, team player, etc etc..

10.Personal Details.

11.Signature, Place and Date.

ALL THESE 11 POINTS CONSTITUTE GOOD RESUME, ALSO MAKES INTERVIEWER TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT YOU FROM YOUR RESUME ITSELF.

5 Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Hired

1) Be Ready and Be Prepared

Just do a mock interview session either with your friend or with a trainer (if suppose you are attending some interview class). Just watch videos from youtube regarding job interview and how to present yourself. Do a research about the job requirements and assess your skills accordingly. Learn to be diplomatic in answering during the interview to get hired either as a fresher or as an experienced candidate.

2) Active Networking

There are many entry-level engineering jobs available but then you need to gear up your chance of landing in such opportunity. For that, you need to be active on social media platforms like Facebook and Linked In, connect with the right people or you can even join groups for such as job search etc. Just don’t use these media platforms for passing your time, use it wisely for your career benefits.

3) Face the rejections

Don’t feel dejected by getting rejected, consider every No as a New Opportunity. Just have a look at what went wrong and learn from it. Remember failures are the only stepping stones for success. Have different actions plans like A, B, and C, consider each failure as a learning experience to let you know where you stand.

4) Be punctual to the interview

If you know the interview timings then just plan for your travel considering place, distance, and traffic. Do not be late as it will act as a bad impression on you. It would be better if you are 5 mins earlier to the place.

5) Know about the company you want to work

It is not just technical knowledge or the communication skills you need to carry but also you need to know about the company its domain, the services it provides, its establishment etc. If not very much in detail at least you should be able to answer about the company rather than being dumbfounded.