ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
shivtech

Plz solve simple Infosys puzzle...

In a party there are 12 guests & each one is having a drink. Each person touches the glass of other one & says chairssss. How many clicks were listened?Hint : The paper i was solving shows the answer 55 i.e. 11C2 but according to me it should be 12C2.Plz tell me which one is correct & why?

In a party there are 12 guests & each one is having a drink. Each person touches the glass of other one & says chairssss. How many clicks were listened?Hint : The paper i was solving shows the answer 55 i.e. 11C2 but according to me it should be 12C2.Plz tell me which one is correct & why?

I think 12C2 is the correct answer because we need to find the number of combinations taken two at a time from 12 different things. It can also be verified. See first person will click with 11 others, second person will click with 10 others and so on. i.e. we should now add the clicks of 12 different persons to get the total no. of clicks.11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1=66. One doubt could be that there are only 11 persons whose clicks are being added where is the other one? The remaining one will not click with anybody because everybody has already clicked with him. This is the solution according to me. If i have made any mistake kindly forgive me.

Yes shiva 66 is the correct ans that is 12c2.If there are 11 guest the ans would be 55.So don't worry about the ans they have given.What has to be followed is the correct method.