ChetanaSforum
uttam.siva

(FRESHERS) 'TCS' : Off-Campus : Engineering Graduates & Post-Graduates : On 21, 22, 28, 29 Aug 2010

Did any one who attended the test on 22nd Aug at Vasavi Engg Coll, Hyd got the call for tech interview.... Reply Plzzz

well the ppl who wrote on 22nd already went through the other rounds of interviews !Gues u din get selectd...yest i.e,26th v had other rounds(Technical,MR & HR) gues u din qualify!coz dey mail u in 2 dayz if u do qualify!

i got invitaion on 29th augst at vardhaman colege..is the interviews and aptitude are on same day or not?? pls help if anyone knows

No u first have ur basic aptitude test at first...if only u qualify that u will be called fr the other rounds which would be for a whole day!that would include Technical,MR & HR try 2 read othr post before then u ll knw!

Hi frnds,

My some of 2009frnds got hallticket for to attend a written at SAIRAM ENGG COLLEGE in CHENNAI on 29 august..Do u have any idea whether they ll conduct further weeks in chennai...Eventhough i'm fulfilling criteria(above 75% in UG aswellas in SSLC n HSC) n i registered during february as wellas in APRIL itself,i didn't get the call letter...if we registered more than once in the portal means, whether they wont call for a recruitment process..????

Hope for the Best....

Plz Inform if anyone got hallticket in chennai center for August 28&29?

No u first have ur basic aptitude test at first...if only u qualify that u will be called fr the other rounds which would be for a whole day!that would include Technical,MR & HR try 2 read othr post before then u ll knw!

Hi Subin,mine aptitude exam is on 29th august at vasavi engg. college, hyderabad.I was asked to come at sharp 9am for the selection process with all documents.Will they conduct all the interview rounds on the whole day.Also please help me with model papers

hi..I have received the hall ticket again for 29th at sairam college,chennai..i had already written on 14th but did not clear..would it be okay if i attend it again? is there any chance they may find out.? has anyone been lucky and got through a second time? ..please please do let me know..i only have this day to make my decision..

hey same prob.ds syd...evn i hv attemptd tcs on 14th in chd.n agn i got d mail frm tcs 2 attend it on 28th in delhi...me 2 thnkn d same...r u gng 2 attnd tcs agn...??do let me knw

Hi i have'nt got hall ticket from tcs.i am from hyderabad... actually tcs people have already conducted offcampus on 21st and 22nd august, 2010..... and they are conducting offcampus on 28th and 29th, 2010......... but till now i have'nt got hallticket from them............any information about this..........will tcs people conducts offcampus in september for 2009 and 2010 batches .... actually i am 2009 passed out............ please help me regarding this information.

hey same prob.ds syd...evn i hv attemptd tcs on 14th in chd.n agn i got d mail frm tcs 2 attend it on 28th in delhi...me 2 thnkn d same...r u gng 2 attnd tcs agn...??do let me knw

Yup I am going to attend..might as well try my luck as last time around I did not have to enter a username or password to generate my hall ticket..so I am guessing that my information might not be in the database but again I can't be sure..jo hoga dekha jayega

Hi chetanas please reply whether TCS will conduct OFF Campus next week( first week of september ). I registered in the month of february and still i dint get hall ticket. Please kindly reply. My friend registered on monday (23rd) and he got the hall ticket for tomorrows test in chennai at sai ram college.

Yup I am going to attend..might as well try my luck as last time around I did not have to enter a username or password to generate my hall ticket..so I am guessing that my information might not be in the database but again I can't be sure..jo hoga dekha jayega

so wt abt ur reslt...selected,,,??

Hi guys,I, a 2009 passed out,Guys do any one know whether TCS will conduct off campus in chennai for 2009 passed outs, in coming weeks (that is after 29th of this month(AUGUST))kindly do reply, it will be much needfull......thanking you in advance

so wt abt ur reslt...selected,,,??

will they conduct after 29th august????PLease tell me if they theywill conduct written test after 29th august....I was unable to gave the test in august...nd not recieved hall ticket also...

today i attended tcs at sairam chennai...only 20/400 9/300 ,5/300, 4/300 cleared apps ...they might have increased cut off for 2009 passed out and it seems they don't need much 2009 passed outs....

plzz tell any body got the written exam on 28 at mlrit??????????

Yeah, i have given the test on 28th at MLRIT and iam waiting for the result..Plz let me know when u get your result..ThanksVishnu

Hii...Well ya my exam got over on22nd...i cleared that round...am attaching few questions which i collected...and am writing few of them here...

1. If an old women's age is the same as her three grand daughters i,mean the number of days old child=the no of weeks old child=no of months old child .The total yrs of all these ppl is 114 yrs...then how old is the old woman?the yr has 365 days..and 30 days each month.i calculated it with the options given.....try 2 use the calculator its easy .Don't remember the answer.2. There was a piece of cloth which is 135 miles long and 35ft wide...and some nonsense again...then he wants to divide the cloth into pieces with one mile each...if he took 7 secs for cutting 1 piece...what is the time taken for cutting the whole of the cloth into pieces?135-1=134 x 7=938 secs.3. A woman had somany gloves and hats 22 red,34 blue, 45 white...there was power cut and she took a glove and how many gloves shud she take so that she gets a pair of glove fr each color??don knw th answer.4.Problem on ((a3-b3)/(a2-ab-b2))=(a-b) don waste tym directly calculate it!5. the bear problem..i put it as black.6.parateeka(Bird)7.if a person climbed a hill which was 200 mtrs high. The average speed while climbing was 23 mph and while coming down was 30 mph. Then what is the average speed of his journey??use the formula (2xy)/(x+y)8.If the are 2 containers of 1 ltr each..i had Pepsi and another water. If one spoon from Pepsi was taken and added in water and then frm the mixed container of water one spoon was taken and added in Pepsi..so pepsi had more quantity of Pepsi than what water had in 2nd container.9.if the area was hit by a virus and so the decrease in the population because of death was x/3 and the migration from other places increased a population by 2x then annually it had so many ppl. find our the population in the starting.10.If the milk and water was added in 5:4 ratio then how much more water should be added so he gets the ratio of  6:7.(Not exact question but something like that)11) A tank fills in the squence of  10, 20 ,40,80.... (means 10 litre in 1 hr, 20 litr i 2nd nd so).IF at the 4th hour the tank is 1/4 full..when will it be full?ans.) x/4=80dat means capacity of tank is 320 litres.from the series we can see dat in 5th hr it's 160 nd den in 6th hr it's 320 so answer is 612) 2 vry simple ques. on ages..like if 3 yrs back i was 2 times of my frinds age.....nd so nd so...if u knw the basic concept u wil b able to solve dat.13)there are only bicycles nd 4-wheelers in the parking. if  the total number of wheels  are 240.What can be the posibl number of cycles?ans.)2x+ 4y= 240see options ie the value of x from the options.then chk the value of y  from eqn for each option. The value of x  for which y is a intger wud b the ans.14)The cost of making robot is divided into cost of material..,cost of repairing nd cost of painting in the ratio of 5:2:3..the cost usd for material is 200.Find the total cost of making the robot.?  ans. 5x/10=200so x=400 ans.15)If jack lies on mon, tue wed and jill lies on Thursday,Friday and Saturday. If both together tell they lied yesterday…so c the given options and den c cos in d given dates one ll b saying the truth and one ll be lying I got Thursday as option coz jack is saying the truth he lied yest but jill is lying again as he lies on dat day..Go for the Following Topics Perfectly......(First Give Preference to starred one)~ *Numbers~ Serial Problem~ Fibonnocci series Based Problems~ *Age~ *Pipes and Cisterns~ *Blood relations~ *Time and Distance..,Work~ *Speed related [Train]~ *Volume and Surface area~ *Ratio & Proportion~ *Alligation of Mixture~ *Probablity~ Percentage~ Profit and Loss~ Average> Seating Arrangement Problem> Finally Read the Formula's of GEOMETRYits a easy paper jus go through the formulas and examples from RS Agarwal which would be more than enough to clear it.I had my other interviews on 26th in MLRITComing to technical round: Firstly they ask u to rate urself in a scale of 10 fr each language don lie saying ur good in al...be honest and rate urself cause the questions he will ask based on ur ratings only.i was asked fr the difference between for loop and while loop, Views & Joints, HTML & XML,which model u followed fr ur project,what was ur role??what did u do as a team lead, This round is basically a tecxh round but i din answer most of them bt gave answers confidently which ever i knew and i told "i dont knw if i didn't.I was pretty good in testing where i answered all his questions so be prepared fr atleast one topic .I Got thru dis round alsoThen was MR round...again general questions be prepared with good answers fr all the questions which are basic general ones!Last HR round would be a treat as it would b d most formal one were u can just try 2 be urself. Be honest and impress them ..
I cleared all but dey told that they will be mailing us what it is...few told us v will b selected ..and few told cos there are many more hu got to b interviewed in coming days lastly depending on there requirement they ll c d marks each person gets in diffrnt rounds and depending on it they ll c whether ur good enough or not..so try to do good in al rounds then ur surely in..Hope i get in tcs !ALl the best guys...-- With RegardsSubin. G Thomas
Hi Subin, can i know how many questions you have answered in the test, and how many you are confident in them??ThanksVishnu

plz tell me that u received a mail to attend for futher rounds