ChetanaSforum
chintada annapurna

aptitiude question

My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed.a) 6:00 am B) 6:40am c)7:40 d)7:00 e)8:00 (Hint : Every 1 deg longitude is equal to 4 minutes . If west to east add time else subtract time)

My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed.a) 6:00 am B) 6:40am c)7:40 d)7:00 e)8:00 (Hint : Every 1 deg longitude is equal to 4 minutes . If west to east add time else subtract time)

Answers is 8 :00

I think the answer is B) 6:40ambecause, according to the problem the total displacement occurred in respect of longitudes is 80 {(10-(-70))}, which will decide the time.so 80x4=320=5h 20minNow forget about longitudes.... it took around 10 hrs to travel.. so the time without considering longitudes should be 2+10=12amnow subtract 5hr 20min from thiswhich gives 6hr 40min

What leela naga said is correct. Its accurate answer. I think your preparing for tcs. If so means,dont worry. They wont ask this type of questions. Its old pattern. Now they changed the pattern. You prepare.time and distance,problem on numbers,blood relations,combinations,problem on ages and some more topics in agarwal. Thats very enough. Its very very easy. So prepare agarwal wel.

What leela naga said is correct. Its accurate answer. I think your preparing for tcs. If so means,dont worry. They wont ask this type of questions. Its old pattern. Now they changed the pattern. You prepare.time and distance,problem on numbers,blood relations,combinations,problem on ages and some more topics in agarwal. Thats very enough. Its very very easy. So prepare agarwal wel.

thank u so much dhilip so is it agarwal enough???

The destination place is 80 degree west to the starting place. Hence the time difference between these two places is 5 hour 20 min. (=24hr*80/360). When the flight landed, the time at the starting place is 12 noon (2 AM + 10 hours). Hence, the time at the destination place is 12 noon - 5:20 hours = 6: 40 AM