ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
srinichetanas

Recently Placed in Mainframe Domain

Hi,

I am Srinivasan Chidambaram,this following passage was my previous post in this section of Chetanas forum,,,

Hi All,

My name is Srinivasan Chidambaram, I am a 2008 passed out IT graduate…..I have completed my Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology on April 2008 in Coimbatore.

And After that I did a course in JAVA/J2EE in NIIT and it is a four months course.... and completed it by December 2008.

And I started to search for job in JAVA field; unfortunately it was a recession period I didn’t get any chance in the software filed... So I planned to search for a job in the software field with a job in Chennai, Even in that situation some of the BPO organizations were offering job opportunities.

So I started to try to get a job in the BPO domain from the month of January 2009 and joined Sutherland Global Services on 1st of August 2009 and my client was ACER who sells laptops & desktop computers and I was working as a Technical Support Executive in Sutherland up to 6th of March 2010.Since the software field was coming back to pace again I tried to get into a better job in the software field and I got the info about Maples ESM Technologies is providing placement opportunities in the Mainframe domain.

So I am planning to join Maples… If you guys have any info about this institute or any previous experience in this domain or in case if you have got into any of the leading organization by studying in any of the institutes or in case if you are passed out student of Maples are if you are current student share your comments or information with me so I can get a clear picture of this domain and about the centers which trains students and about this particular center in Chennai.

You can share your details with me through these following contact details…..

Name : Srinivasan Chidambaram B.Tech (I.T.)

Yahoo id 1 : srinivasanc2008@yahoo.com laugh.gif

Yahoo id 2 : srinivasc_2008@yahoo.co.in laugh.gif

Gmail id : srinivasanc2010@gmail.com laugh.gif

Mobile : +91-9894362356 smile.gif

My course on Mainframe Application Programing started on 05th April 2010 and it went well I was trained on various modules of Mainframe like TSO / ISPF, JCL, VSAM,COBOL,DB2 and CICS and the course was to end by 04th of July 2010.

By the first week of June that is on 4th of June(FRI), I was offered a chance to attend the iNautix Interview which was held in Ascendas IT Park,but i got the information only by Wednesday evening,

So I was unable to prepare completely for the interview,,,, So i studied some concepts, clearly to say an overall view of all the Mainframe concepts.The interview procedure comprised of three rounds mainly:

1st Round ----------> Technical Aptitude(Analytical,English,Verbal Reasoning, Mainframe).

2nd Round ---------> Technical Interview(Full & Full Mainframe Technical Questions) Duration : Minimum 1 hr.You will given white sheets and will be asked to write coding for concepts.

3rd Round ----------> HR Round (Formal)

But I was eliminated in the first Round itself Around 50 to 60 students might have attended the placement drive finally around 6 students of my batch got selected(per Batch 30 students---- 3 of them up scorned so 27 are eligible so now the remaining are 19 of the other students who are yet to be placed)

The package is : 2.80L p.a.

By the third week that is the 19th of June, I was rejected for the placement drive of Fidelity since I am a 2008 passed out and they allowed only the 2009 passed outs..... In that drive one student from my batch got selected.

The package is : 3.00L p.a.

By the fourth week of June that is on 26th of June(SAT), I was offered a chance to attend the Steria, an European based IT Services Company Interview which was held in SIPCOT Tidel Park,Siruseri,and i got the information by Wednesday evening,

So I was able to prepare completely for the interview,since it has been informed to me two days before, So i studied all the concepts clearly.The interview procedure comprised of three rounds mainly:

1st Round ----------> Technical Aptitude(Analytical,English,Verbal Reasoning, C Language).

2nd Round ----------> Technical Aptitude(Only Mainframe).

3rd Round ---------> Technical & HR Interview. Duration : Minimum 1 hr.You will given white sheets and will be asked to write coding for comcepts.

By Gods grace i cleared the First round, Even still i don't know how i cleared this round, It is purely based on LUCK,LUCK,LUCK.(Around 80 to 90 students attended the first round).

The second round was not much difficult for me since i was clear in the concepts I was able to clear it and all the questions were very easy to me........(Around 33 students attended the second round).

For the third round around 21 students got short-listed and they were split into two groups and for the first group the third round was conducted on the same day but the result was not announced.......

And i was in the 2nd slot and the second slot the third round was on 29th of June(TUE), Unfortunately in that round I was asked only with the basic Mainframe Questions and that even only for the just 10 to 15 Minutes and they mainly focused on my Creativity,Spontaneity,Attitude their questions focused on my Academic, And I mentioned that i know Java-J2ee in my resume and they asked me to compare Mainframe and Java, and that Sutherland Experience helped me a lot there........ They observed my BPO Experience in a different perception,And I clearly accounted my 2yrs gap after my degree completion. Even though BPO experience cannot account much to my experience it helped me a lot to judge the interviewer and to understand his pulse. It gave a lot of confidence to face the Interview.......

And the third round was over for everyone by 1:00 P.M. and the result was announced by 7:00 P.M. in which six members from the second slot was selected and same number from the first slot.... also......

Buy God's grace and hard work my name was read out...... And I got selected in Steria and the package is 2.40L p.a. And was informed that i will be trained on PL/1 for three months..... I will be in six months probation period .......... But i will offered the same package right from the first day of training..........If you need any guidance in this field ........ you can contact me ...................

Name : Srinivasan Chidambaram B.Tech (I.T.)

Yahoo id 1 : srinivasanc2008@yahoo.com laugh.gif

Yahoo id 2 : srinivasc_2008@yahoo.co.in laugh.gif

Gmail id : srinivasanc2010@gmail.com laugh.gif

Mobile : +91-9894362356 smile.gif

hiim kameshwaran i have finished my MCA 75% 2010 passout ,but still now i can not place into MNC companies.All MNC companies are are asking eligibility 60 % right from 10th ... i have above 70% from 12th , but in 10th i have scored only 55.55% for this reason im eliminated from attending the interview itself..if i join in any institution like niit and other also in campus the recurrting companies asking consitent 60% from 10th to degree..so i dono what to do.. some adviced me to join in mapples and get train mainframes..plz tell me suggestion if i joined in mapples i ll get offer to attend interviews , pls give me some suggestion to me..and also tell me that there is any mnc will not the marks from 10 thpls reply me .. tell me proper suggestion waiting for your replythanks & regardskameshwaran.g