ChetanaSforum
hknitu

Interview in Govt Organization - Why do you want to join us ?

Dear All,

I would like to know What should be the answer when in a Govt. organization in the interview for Assistant / Research Assistant post they ask- Why do you want to join this organization?

I am in the private sector- I would show the total actual exp 5& 1/2 years but as they have also asked to mention the total exp after completion of min. qualification. There I would mention 3 & 1/2 years.

After a long exp in private sector they ask this question. Secondly, the salary is also high in that organization. How I should tackle this question. Please help me out with a impressive & reliable answer which should be given...

Rgds

Harjeet :)

Dear All,

I would like to know What should be the answer when in a Govt. organization in the interview for Assistant / Research Assistant post they ask- Why do you want to join this organization?

I am in the private sector- I would show the total actual exp 5&1/2 years but as they have also asked to mention the total exp after completion of min. qualification. There I would mention 3 & 1/2 years.

After a long exp in private sector they ask this question. Secondly, the salary is also high in that organization. How I should tackle this question. Please help me out with a impressive & reliable answer which should be given...

Rgds

Harjeet :)

Hi Harjeet,

The only way you can tackle this question is by saying something like below -

"I am very interested in 'Research' field, which I do not get in my company. The tasks there are very routine and boring and can be done by anyone. I want to do some unique research job where I can satisfy myself and contribute more by doing a unique work. That is the reason I did not even care about the salary. I came for this interview even though I knew that salary would be less here than my current salary."

Then they may ask why you did not try to change your job earlier. You can say something like below.

"When I joined an organization, they may have spent lot of time, efforts and money in recruiting me. So I did not want to betray them by just leaving immediately. I wanted to work sincerely for them and I did. I tried to move to 'Research' department in my organization, and they did not agree. So, when I realized I am never going to get the work of my interest, I decided to leave and join an organization that primarily focusses on 'Research' job work."

Hope above answer is okay ! You can develop your answer on that.

And can I ask you the real reason - 'Why do you really want to go to Govt organization ?'

Why you want to work here? is amongst those basic interview questions that would be thrown at you more often than not. What’s expected of you in an answer to this question? Well, let’s get an insight into the different aspects related to this question.

INTERVIEW PREPARATION FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE RESPONSE:

The best possible approach to respond to this question is to be ready and insightful about the employer organization. Invest some time researching on the company (the “About Us” page of that particular company’s site is a decent place to begin) so, you can discuss regarding the advantages of working for this specific employer.

You may likewise search for the most recent press statements and media coverage of the organization, so, you have the knowledge of the organization’s future plans and goals. You could even visit the organization’s Facebook page, Instagram account, Twitter account etc. or any other social networking page, with a specific end goal to get an insightful into what clients or product buyers opine about the organization.