ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
uttam_giet

What are your short term goals ?

Short term goal depends upon where you stand right now. A person with 5 years of experience will have different short term goals than a person with no work experience.

"An idealist believes the short run doesn't count,

A cynic believes the long run doesn't matter

A realist believes that what is done or left undone

in the short run determines the long run."

Your answers can be:

1) My short term goal is to find a position where I can use the Knowledge and Strength I have. I want to participate in the growth and success of the company I work for.

2) I want to see myself as a software developer in your esteemed organization where by with all my skills and enhanced learning I shall be able to make valuable and meaningful contribution to your organization.

3) My short term goal is to learn everything I can about marketing. I want to be in a position where I can contribute what I’ve learned through education to gain some practical and real life Experience. Hence my immediate goal is to learn and become skilled in all aspects of marketing.

Keeping in mind the above mentioned factors, while answering this question, you’ll have to demonstrate your knowledge with regards to the job description, your sense of duty towards the organization and the objectives you’ve set for your career.

While preparing an answer to this question, set aside some time to consider your goals, the set of job responsibilities and how the organization could fit in with your career plans. Despite the fact that this may appear like you’re binding yourself to a solitary role, this is additionally an effective method to see whether the job is truly meant for you.

Your short and long term objectives should be connected. For instance, you can’t say that your short term objective is to work in the field of IT, however, your long haul objective is to open your own food chain. Likewise, your goals should identify with the job. It’s a smart thought to center around intangible qualities of work (e.g. “I would prefer working at a place that gives me happiness”) rather than more of tangible objectives (“I wish to become the CEO of your organization”).