ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
uttam_giet

What are your Weaknesses ?

Never say You are a Workaholic, a Perfectionist, etc. because it sounds negative. Try to convert these negative biased qualities into positive ones. For example, in place of Workaholic you can say you are a hard worker and always willing to work for extra hours.In place of Perfectionist, you can say you are detail oriented and like to set high standard for work.

"Try to specify your weakness as your strength and also highlight it as a benefit."

Your answers can be:

1) One of my weaknesses as I perceive is occasional compromise on time for quality and perfection.

2) I feel I am not very detail-oriented. I’m a person that wants accomplish as much as possible. I realized this hurts quality and therefore I‘m trying hard to find a balance between quality and quantity.

3) At times even when I need help, I try to solve my own problems instead of asking a co-worker who might know the answer. This would save me more time and I would be more efficient. I’m working on knowing when it would be beneficial to ask for help.

4) I've been told a few times I'm too much detail oriented. I do make it a practice of checking my work at least once or twice to make sure that it's absolutely accurate.

You can say :

I believe one of my weaknesses is my impatience. Whenever I work in a team and any of the team members don’t perform up to the expectation, I get impatient and annoyed. I understand if they are working hard and if their portion is difficult, but sometimes a person can’t do the assignment due to incompetence and laziness. I know I can help out by explaining things to some people and encouraging lazy people by reminding them of deadlines. I know it’s bad to be impatient, but I’m definitely working on it.

There’s a saying –

“However small the thorn maybe it has the ability to pierce.”

So never highlight your weakness unless specifically asked.

While replying to questions concerning your strengths and weaknesses, always keep the job description at the back of your mind. While tending to questions regarding your strengths, concentrate on strengths you possess that are needed for the job. For instance, if a job requires a considerable measure of work on team ventures, you may state that you are a reasonable communicator who can work with various groups of individuals.
While answering questions concerning your weaknesses, dodge shortcomings that would portray that you are unfit for the job. For instance, if the job position requires a great deal of technical ability, don’t state that your shortcoming is technology. Likewise, regardless of what shortcoming you choose, try and put a positive outlook to your answer.

E.g. you may state that you are attempting to improve a specific shortcoming, or clarify how a shortcoming may be viewed as a strength (for instance, on the off chance that you are a bit too meticulous, you can clarify how this in certainty, encourages you come up with quality work).