ChetanaSforum
talk2_vinoth

What to say when HR asked about strength and weakness ?

This is the best answer I read till now :

Try to answer such negative questions with a positive response. For example, say, Some people consider me a perfectionist, or I'm too detail-oriented. I always try to get things right.

An employer will be happy to put up with such weaknesses. Saying, I don't have any weaknesses worth mentioning, indicates that you don't know yourself very well (poor self-assessment).

Something like, I get angry when people don't work as hard as they should, but I see very little of that at my current job, is good too.

Highlighting strengths and accomplishments: Use specific examples to highlight your accomplishments -- explicit numbers, results and outcomes. Generic words are meaningless unless backed by data.

For example, instead of using the word 'significant' , use a number or percentage instead.

Strengths that interviewers are looking for include:

. Committed: Talk about the times you may have sacrificed a vacation to complete an important project.

. Action-oriented: Quote an example from a past job where you drove the meeting, committee or project that was languishing. Or, when a deadline loomed and you came up with a way to reach the goal.

. Inquisitive/ Curious: Show how curiosity has served you well in the last job. For example, when was the last time you knew there had to be a better way of performing a task, closing a particular deal or making a sale to a difficult client? How did your questioning of the situation find a solution?

. Long term approach: Talk about how you were able to see the broader consequences of a decision in your previous company. Your contribution provided a viewpoint that others had overlooked.

The one question candidates love to avoid is, "What is your greatest weakness?" Do not give superficial answers like "I'm a workaholic" or "I'm a perfectionist." These are boring and predictable.

Interviewers can even reply to them with, "That doesn't sound like a weakness. Now why don't you tell me about a real weakness?" So, state a true weakness that doesn't have a major impact on your ability to do the job.

Sample -- If you are applying for a non-managerial role: 'In the past, I've had some trouble sharing responsibilities with others. I felt I could do things better and faster myself. This sometimes backfired because I'd end up with more than I could handle and the quality of my work would suffer. But I plan to take courses in time management and effective delegation.'

Or, 'I am weak in accounts and had a tough time when I was asked to work on a project with the finance team. I have enrolled in an online program on basic finance to overcome this.' (NOTE: You would not want to use this example for an accounting or finance position.)

Dont answer negatively for this question...bcoz when HR asked abt ur weakness means he asking abt ur negativepoint...so for this negative question u reply in a +ve way like this..MY WEAKNESS IS MY HARDWORKING NATURE...if he asked both strength and weakness, then reply him like this BOTH MY STRENGTH AND MY WEAKNESS IS HARDWORKING...

Dont answer negatively for this question...bcoz when HR asked abt ur weakness means he asking abt ur negativepoint...so for this negative question u reply in a +ve way like this..MY WEAKNESS IS MY HARDWORKING NATURE...if he asked both strength and weakness, then reply him like this BOTH MY STRENGTH AND MY WEAKNESS IS HARDWORKING...

Sorry but I don't think that's a good answer.

Then HR will ask you - 'Why do you think Hardworking is a weakness ?'

i thnk we should reply dat 'i get tensd whenever i couldnt give my 100% to my work'

Getting tensed at work is too big weakness. I personally think you should avoid this answer.

In fact, you should avoid any answer that has scope for too many cross-questions from the HR.

“Try to specify your weakness as your strength and also highlight it as a benefit.”

Your answers can be:

1) One of my weaknesses as I perceive is occasional compromise on time for quality and perfection.

2) I feel I am not very detail-oriented. I’m a person that wants accomplish as much as possible. I realized this hurts quality and therefore I‘m trying hard to find a balance between quality and quantity.

3) At times even when I need help, I try to solve my own problems instead of asking a co-worker who might know the answer. This would save me more time and I would be more efficient. I’m working on knowing when it would be beneficial to ask for help.

This is the best answer I read till now :

Try to answer such negative questions with a positive response. For example, say, Some people consider me a perfectionist, or I'm too detail-oriented. I always try to get things right.

An employer will be happy to put up with such weaknesses. Saying, I don't have any weaknesses worth mentioning, indicates that you don't know yourself very well (poor self-assessment).

Something like, I get angry when people don't work as hard as they should, but I see very little of that at my current job, is good too.

To be frank, I share my weakness , Some times I use to cut my hand neils through my mouth,but some of them think wrongly ,why these guy doing like this…….?? but at that time also I am thinking how do that job,how can we overcome of that problem or job which was given by my superiors……and tell me weather its good r????

It depends on the position that you are giving interview for.

If you are managing a team, then strengths would be:

* people management,

* leadership

* presentation

* communication

* delegation

Weakness you can say:

* I am a poor listeners sometimes and now I am working on it

* sometime I defocus when I have too much to do. I am able to deliver on time. I am working on how to sharpen my focus without distraction.

* taking office problems to home. This sometime affects family life too. I am working on these too.

* I don't have any such weakness. Mostly, i try to manage those as personally and try to accomplish it over a period of time.

Try to be authentic and tell the interviewer that I can manage the weaknesses from coaches.

Hope this helps. Do revert to me if you have questions.

Thanks and all the best.

Rob

Hello,

I think that is the common question in HR round. But remember that never give your negative response in this question. I think there is a lot of great suggestion available for this question and for all the things.

Regards,

Olivia

Healthcare

To be frank, I share my weakness , Some times I use to cut my hand neils through my mouth,but some of them think wrongly ,why these guy doing like this…….?? but at that time also I am thinking how do that job,how can we overcome of that problem or job which was given by my superiors……and tell me weather its good r????

very good answer watever you reffered

its very long.. u must not tel very lengthy..

u may tel that ' i'm possessive wit friends ' like tat.. dis worked out for me..!!

Here are the best way to answer strength and weakness questions:

SOME BASIC INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ABOUT WEAKNESSES:

Which is your greatest weakness?

What is your action plan to overcome your weaknesses?

Which part of your job could be the most challenging for you?

When were you angry the last time? What had happened?

Which is the thing people most often criticize about you?

HOW TO GO ABOUT ANSWERING THESE?
While replying to questions concerning your strengths and weaknesses, always keep the job description at the back of your mind. While tending to questions regarding your strengths, concentrate on strengths you possess that are needed for the job. For instance, if a job requires a considerable measure of work on team ventures, you may state that you are a reasonable communicator who can work with various groups of individuals.