ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
Swetha

What is the sum of all the 4 digited numbers using the digits 1,2,3,4 upto 4444 ?

Hi Chetanaites,Pls solve this problem for me.Q) What is the sum of all the 4 digited numbers using the digits 1,2,3,4 upto 4444 ?rgds,Swetha

Hi Chetanaites,Pls solve this problem for me.Q) What is the sum of all the numbers using the digits 1,2,3,4 upto 4444 ?rgds,Swetha

Answer: 711040Solution:We have to find the sum of all numbers between 1111 and 4444.We can place any of the 4 digits in Unit position. So, number of possibilities are 4. Similar is true for remaining 3 positions.So, total combinations possible with 1, 2, 3, 4 are 4 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 256Out of 256 numbers, 64 numbers will have 1 in their Unit position, 64 numbers will have 2 in their Unit position, 64 numbers will have 3 in their Unit position, 64 numbers will have 4 in their Unit position.So sum of Unit position = 64 (1+2+3+4) = 640Similar is true for remaining positions.Sum of Unit Position----------:.........640Sum of Tens Position---------:.......640Sum of Hundreds Position---:.... 640Sum of Thousands Position-:...640-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------711040------------------------------------------------Correct me if I am wrong...Best Wishes...Chetanawww.ChetanaS.com

There is a formula for this calculation.

I think it is an AP(Atithmetic Progression)

AP Formula is:

1+2+3+............+n= n(n+1)/2

so according to your problem the ans is

1+2+3+..........=4444=

4444(4445)/2= 9876790

I dont know i am correct or not.

but for all examples this formula works

please reply me if it is correct or not.

I am sorry i wronlgy understood the question.

What chetnas said was correct.

I was wrong. Please dont mistake me.

The above solution i gave was a wrong method and a wrong answer.

But what fo the numbers in 3 digits, 2 digits and 1 digit.

for eg: 123, 134,111, 12, 14,23, etc.

whether we should not calculate that for this one. reply me

:)

Answer: 711040Solution:We have to find the sum of all numbers between 1111 and 4444.We can place any of the 4 digits in Unit position. So, number of possibilities are 4. Similar is true for remaining 3 positions.So, total combinations possible with 1, 2, 3, 4 are 4 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 256Out of 256 numbers, 64 numbers will have 1 in their Unit position, 64 numbers will have 2 in their Unit position, 64 numbers will have 3 in their Unit position, 64 numbers will have 4 in their Unit position.So sum of Unit position = 64 (1+2+3+4) = 640Similar is true for remaining positions.Sum of Unit Position----------:.........640Sum of Tens Position---------:.......640Sum of Hundreds Position---:.... 640Sum of Thousands Position-:...640-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------711040------------------------------------------------Correct me if I am wrong...Best Wishes...Chetanawww.ChetanaS.com

Chetana mam, you taking only 4 digit nos only in calculating the sum. but in the question stated that nos with 1,2,3,4 upto 4444. that maens single digit nos, double, triple and four digit nos sum. Am i right mam. :)

Chetana mam,

you taking only 4 digit nos only in calculating the sum. but in the question stated that nos with 1,2,3,4 upto 4444. that maens single digit nos, double, triple and four digit nos sum.

Am i right mam.

Yep, you are right. I missed a point :)

So, I updated the question slightly instead of answer :)

"What is the sum of all the 4 digited numbers using the digits 1,2,3,4 upto 4444 ?"

Best Wishes...Chetana