ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
manishsp2008

SOLVE ME IF U CAN!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys, This question is little bit technical but try it if you can actually i also dnt know the final solution........ "You are Entering the room that contains N people.What is the probability that there is someone in the room whose birthday is on the same day as yours? You can assume that there are no leap years and all years have only 365 days. Also assume that birthday being any day of the year is equally likely"So pls help me if u can solve the puzzle..............

Hi Guys,

This question is little bit technical but try it if you can actually i also dnt know the final solution........

"You are Entering the room that contains N people.What is the probability that there is someone in the room whose birthday is on the same day as yours? You can assume that there are no leap years and all years have only 365 days. Also assume that birthday being any day of the year is equally likely"

So pls help me if u can solve the puzzle..............

Probability for find some one birthday which is matching with the new entered person birthday is P(A)

but it is very easy to calculate P(A) using P(A')

it p(A)=1-P(A')-----1

p(A')=365!/(365^n*[365-n])-------2using these two formula we can find the probability

Example:

let assume that there is only one person in the room. A new person is entered into the room. then the probability for these two person have same birthday is exactly one(by logically)

By Practically ,

probability is p(A)=1-P(A');

P(A')=365!/{365^2(365-2)!}

= 365!/{365*365*363!}

= 365*364/(365*365)

=364/365

P(A)=1-364/365

so P(A)=1/365 ANS

The answer would be 1/365.