ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
lathahr

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now ?

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now ?

- I see myself as a Senior software Engineer in your esteemed organization.

- In five years of time I want to be a senior Software Engineer or Manager or Lead.

- I see myself as a Marketing manager and I am going to learn and gain experience.

Well this is a similar question to the short term question but you need to answer them differently.

Some answers are:

1) I see myself as a Senior Software Engineer in your esteemed organization where by with all my enhanced learning and skill, I shall be able to make up a valuable and meaningful contribution to your organization.

2) In five years, I want to be a senior analyst (Senior Software Engineer/Manager/Lead). I want to expertise to directly impact the company in a positive way.

3) Although I really enjoy working as a Software Engineer, I want to eventually become a manager. I want to continue gaining experience, and after learning many different aspects, I see myself in management.

hi , Same question they asked me in RELIANCE Bpo ....I have replied mother of two children after five years.... HR burst into laughter..till final round i was there...but after that they told me to wait I too thought i am selected....But another H.R is not satisfied with my performance so i just came out with a smile...

hi ,

Same question they asked me in RELIANCE Bpo ....I have replied mother of two children after five years....

HR burst into laughter..till final round i was there...but after that they told me to wait

I too thought i am selected....But another H.R is not satisfied with my performance

so i just came out with a smile...

Posted Image

Some people just can't appreciate a good sense of humour.

hi , Same question they asked me in RELIANCE Bpo ....I have replied mother of two children after five years.... HR burst into laughter..till final round i was there...but after that they told me to wait I too thought i am selected....But another H.R is not satisfied with my performance so i just came out with a smile...

hi manishai think u r 100% ryt.and its natural and logical too.i know ur answer was not related to the position inside the company,but ur answer was as straightforward as the question was.but really awesom answer.keep smiling :)

Haha ! Great answer. You are really dare enough to tell that to HR ;) Good that at least that HR laughed. Many HRs may not have the sense of humour to appreciate it.

“Where do you see yourself five years down the line?”

When you are asked this question during an interview, these could be some of the thoughts running through your mind:

“Owning this place”, “moving up the hierarchy”, “working for self” or “in your job”. These are just a few sample thoughts.

These are the things not recommended for you to say out loud, during an interview.

So, what is the right approach to answer this question?

This can appear like somewhat of a trap question, in light of the fact that occasionally the response is, “in your job,” or something like, “not in the current job” or “during a greater and better opportunity elsewhere”. Actually, these are the things you don’t really need to state to a recruiter.

The encouraging thing is that you can remain honest while disclosing to them what they truly need to know. Are you having realistic desires for your career? Are you ambitious? What’s more, does this specific position align with your growth and objectives as a whole?