ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
karthick.amace

Help me, How to start 'Tell me about yourself'

I had prepared more than enough for this question.Being a fresher, I was struggling in How to start ......Anybody over here to help me .I want in innovative manner.u can share your own preparation for this question.....

I had prepared more than enough for this question.Being a fresher, I was struggling in How to start ......Anybody over here to help me .I want in innovative manner.u can share your own preparation for this question.....

Hi karthick,I personally think no innovation required to answer this question.You should prepare 2 answers - 1 short answer and 1 detailed answer.And you should always tell the short one (2 to 3 minutes).Then if the interviewer asks again, then you can extend that introduction to more details.But ideally, no interviewer wants a long answer.Just start with your name, native place, education details, professional experience (if any), current project (if any), certifications (if any), awards (if any).I personally think there is no need to expalin in detail about your family members (your brothers, sisters...) and what they are doing. You should avoid such irrelevant details unless specifically asked by interviewer.And avoid stupid sentences like - 'I am very honest', 'I am very hardworking', 'I am very intelligent' ...Don't tell hobbies like 'Watching Movies', 'Watching TV'...etc.I think it's not necessary to tell hobbies during Self introduction. If they ask specifically, then be very careful in answering. If you simply tell 'Reading Books', then they will ask 'What book you read recently and explain the story'. You may be in trouble if you are not knowledgeable about that.

One should take the opportunity to show his/her communication skills by speaking clearly and concisely in an organized manner. Since there is no right or wrong answer for this question hence it is important to appear friendly.

The answers can be:

1) I am a person with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to get along well with people. I enjoy challenges and looking for creative solutions to problems.

2)Besides the details given in my resume, I believe in character values, vision and action. I am quick in learning from mistakes. I am confident that the various tests that you have conducted will corroborate my competencies aptitude and right attitude for the job.

3) I attended GIET where I majored in Electronics & Communication Engineering. My hobbies include basketball, reading novels and hiking. I’m an easy going person that works well with everyone. I enjoy being around different types of people and I always like to challenge myself to improve at everything I do.

One should take the opportunity to show his/her communication skills by speaking clearly and concisely in an organized manner. Since there is no right or wrong answer for this question hence it is important to appear friendly.

The answers can be:

1) I am a person with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to get along well with people. I enjoy challenges and looking for creative solutions to problems.

2)Besides the details given in my resume, I believe in character values, vision and action. I am quick in learning from mistakes. I am confident that the various tests that you have conducted will corroborate my competencies aptitude and right attitude for the job.

3) I attended GIET where I majored in Electronics & Communication Engineering. My hobbies include basketball, reading novels and hiking. I’m an easy going person that works well with everyone. I enjoy being around different types of people and I always like to challenge myself to improve at everything I do.

Thanks

:rolleyes: Hi this is sasmita Sahu,1st u shud prepare ur introductuction atmost 4 10mins.always practise it pproperly,so that u never face a stammering problem 4m starting 2 end.These are d recuired steps to b practiced 4 ur introduction,1.start 4m ur name 1st2.from place u belong to.i.e. i belong to .......3.ur aggregate percentage in ur whole carrer,including all graduation,(10th,+2,B.tech/Mca)4.Then about ur family.it shud b short like(i belong 2 nuclear Family...)5.tell ur hobbies.6.smthng about ur motos in ur life(atleast 2)7.finally end ur intro with your long term goal.

This is funny question. There are many responses. Share about things which is not written on the CV. Thanks,Rob

You can follow this guideline:

1. INTRODUCING IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY:

ON ARRIVAL:

When you touch base at an interview site, give a self-introduction to the receptionist by mentioning your name and the reason for your visit. E.g. “My name is Michael Jones and I have come here for a scheduled interview with Mr. Peter at 3pm.” or “I am David Bellows and I have an appointment scheduled with Justin Clark at 11am.”

ON MEETING THE HIRING MANAGER:

Offer to shake hands, regardless of whether the interviewer offer the hand or not. It’s a good decorum to incorporate a handshake as a major aspect of your introduction. Tell the interviewer that it is a joy to meet them, smile, and make sure to look into their eyes. For instance: “I’m Alisha Lionel, it’s pleasure meeting you”

Note: To abstain from sweat-soaked palms, go to the restroom prior to the meeting and wash and wipe your hands. On the off chance that that is not possible, utilize a tissue to dry your hands well before.

A tip to remember and practice during interview preparation for freshers.

2. KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET:

Your introduction ought to be sufficiently concise to catch the attention of the interviewer.

for more details: How to introduce yourself