ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
Rijesh

'like' operator!!!

Hello friends.Hope you can help me.....I just want to work with parameters in the "like" operator.This is a simple stored procedureI want to retrieve the "names " from the 'employee' table starting with the "passed parameter".-----------------------------------------create procedure sp_proc1@name as varcharasbeginselect emp_name from employee where emp_name like '"@name"%'endgo-----------------------------------------The issue is that the above procedure cannot retrieve the values!!!Am I doing right??? Is there any other solution???Can the LIKE operator used with parametric values??help me...........waiting & thanks in advance ......Rijesh

Hello friends.Hope you can help me.....I just want to work with parameters in the "like" operator.This is a simple stored procedureI want to retrieve the "names " from the 'employee' table starting with the "passed parameter".-----------------------------------------create procedure sp_proc1@name as varcharasbeginselect emp_name from employee where emp_name like '"@name"%'endgo-----------------------------------------The issue is that the above procedure cannot retrieve the values!!!Am I doing right??? Is there any other solution???Can the LIKE operator used with parametric values??help me...........waiting & thanks in advance ......Rijesh

create or replace procedure sp_get_name(p_name in varchar2,p_o_val out sys_refcursor)isbeginopen p_o_val forselect *from empwhere lower(e_name) like '%p_name%';end sp_get_name;/To execute the procedure follow the steps:sql>set autoprint onsql>variable name refcursor;sql>execute sp_get_name('arpan',:name);