ChetanaSforum
amitprs2003

Good looking people get better jobs !!!

"If you are good looking, then you surely have an edge over any other average looking person, especially if the interviewer is of the opposite sex."

"When someone is viewed as attractive, they are often assumed to have a number of positive social traits and greater intelligence."

How much you agree with above statements?

Write your valuable views/comments on this...

i don't agree with it we cant judge a person depending whether they r beautiful or not..beauty is not directly proportional to the knowledge... in tht case only beautiful ppl must get the jobs....more over its not a beauty contest.............

this is not true.... this might work out only very few times i feel.. only i can say 1% not more than that... now a days everyone is looking for the knowledge and the skills.. not the looks....

Some times, may work if opposite sex interviewer, Call centres & BPO's are looking the same. I too attended 15-20 interviewsAs i observed Male interviewers always admire to take female candidatesBut female interviewers are very tough to handle, they will not express feelings in face.

Just to note that, the statements were stated for all the fields including IT/Software. Please keep this in mind while adding your valuable inputs.Thanks.

am am agree with sirpujitha , exactly what we cnat judge with only butifullness can ihave more knowldge...

so..heres the most attractive question..as it talks about beauty and intelligence.one is the internal character and the other is the external.well..according to me i don't think that good looking people get better jobs instead i would like to say that intelligent,confidence and sound knowledge adds beauty to a person even though he/she don't hold good looks.Any organization/company works for profits and in an area where there is wide competition every company needs dynamic,sound knowledge individuals to participate and carry forward their company in the competition unlike to hold persons with good looks.i agrre that industries like the airlines,fashion,bollywood ,tollywood or any film industry etc are the places where beauty speaks.---sindhu.

Beauty is a feather on your knowledge..but it can not be the actual HAT....

proverb - "Face is index of mind". so I accept 75%, face may speak in the Interview. They will clearly identify your character by seeing your face. This is psycological fact that face will respond what your heart act.

We can't say it's totally true....in some extent it happens. As I see it depends on the interviewer how he/she thinks.

it totally depends upon the mindset of the intrvwr..bt the pupil out here talking abt knowledge and skills..

dat may cause if ur a born officer and can uphold the major portion of the organisation..can say in R&D..whr face value can b considered ZERO..but in the rest of the jobs whr a person needs a good communication with a great personality might b able 2 attract more clients or can say can able to set deals more frequently...I think just in IT companies and 2 or more face dnt pay a tribute..bt in other jobs (major of thm)..yaaa u have to look good if u want to catapulated...Any thoughts!!!!

Its different in different situations may b in call centers or marketing side importance to beauty.Even i listened to the saying of one recruiter that "The girl is so beautiful but she doesn't know anything so didn't select her "Beauty may help upto some extent (only in some cases) it cant allow to go through the whole path.

Its different in different situations may b in call centers or marketing side importance to beauty.Even i listened to the saying of one recruiter that "The girl is so beautiful but she doesn't know anything so didn't select her "Beauty may help upto some extent (only in some cases) it cant allow to go through the whole path.

I disagree that beauty comes before knowledge.. Maybe it happens sometimes but to survive in the field the candidate must have great knowledge and grasping capacity as well...

Beauty may b one of the factors..,

But the main factor is knowledge and skills...

So i wont agree wit d stmt dat only beautiful people will have more opportunities.......

guys everyone is right here... i would say if beauty was all to matter then world wudnt have seen APJKALAM,EINSTEIN,CURIE and so on so good people who just emerged as shining rays....it depends on the mind set of a person who sat down to interview the candidates....but BEAUTY must not really matter if an organisation is looking for great success..remember nuthing is shaped perfectly in this world....one may have beauty another may have skillz....

i don't agree with it we cant judge a person depending whether they r beautiful or not..beauty is not directly proportional to the knowledge... in tht case only beautiful ppl must get the jobs....more over its not a beauty contest.............

its not always like 100% ppl who get a job is beautiful. but its true in most cases.

its not always like 100% ppl who get a job is beautiful. but its true in most cases.

If we are talking abt It jobs then ,frnds, we all know that we have to go through...apptitude & technical rounds.Does beauty gonna clear my apptitude n answer my technicals?NOT AT ALL!!BUT in HR ,i feel there is some +point of how do u carry urself! n if u r carrying urself nicely u'l obviously look beautiful!!SO. it helps upto some point!!

guys everyone is right here... i would say if beauty was all to matter then world wudnt have seen APJKALAM,EINSTEIN,CURIE and so on so good people who just emerged as shining rays....it depends on the mind set of a person who sat down to interview the candidates....but BEAUTY must not really matter if an organisation is looking for great success..remember nuthing is shaped perfectly in this world....one may have beauty another may have skillz....

how abt beauty with skills?

Yaa! Little of the people are more materialistic today. But Talent Prevails above the Appearance. The candidate must have to answer and speak energetically and enthusiastically. If fairness is the main factor to get a job, then why a post graduate and good looking like me is still unemployed? :angry: :angry: :angry:

It depends on the job.

If they're interacting with the public, very often being good looking is viewed as advantageous. I've had friends who told me they knew full well they got jobs over the competition because of their looks.

On the other hand, I once had a manager tell me he wouldn't hire someone he described as 'Very pleasant to talk to and absolutely gorgeous' precisely because she'd clearly spent so much time on her hair and makeup. He was concerned she wouldn't want to do some of the manual work that was required in the position, since it would mess up her appearance. He may have been wrong, we'll never know, but in that case being attractive counted against her.

There's also the stereotype that still exists in some places, whereby good looking people are assumed to be less clever than their more average looking counterparts. Again, not necessarily true, but if the person doing the hiring feels that way, that's all that matters.

I've been lucky thus far and my stunning, boyish good looks have never been an impediment.