ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
sripavan.s

I'd like to change my career from IT to Marketing / Sales

Hi Guys,

I have more than 3 years of experience in IT industry. I have worked in 3 different technologies. I don't want to go into much details about my workplace for personal reasons. But yes, the place where I worked is one of the top brands in the world of Manufacturing.

Well, I need help if someone could show me the way to enter Marketing / Sales field. I have had enough of IT. I don't want to see myself as "Software Employee" anymore.

I am having difficulty in preparing the resume itself. I don't even know what to write in Skills section. I am 6 Sigma Green belt trained, may be that could be counted.

So if there is any who went through the same phase, or could advise me on how to have a proper approach it'd be helpful.

Thank you.

Sri Pavan S

Hi Pavan,

Can you elaborate what kind of sales or marketing job you are looking for? If you would like to you can contact me at support[@]fresherformula.com.

Hi Guys,

I have more than 3 years of experience in IT industry. I have worked in 3 different technologies. I don't want to go into much details about my workplace for personal reasons. But yes, the place where I worked is one of the top brands in the world of Manufacturing.

Well, I need help if someone could show me the way to enter Marketing / Sales field. I have had enough of IT. I don't want to see myself as "Software Employee" anymore.

I am having difficulty in preparing the resume itself. I don't even know what to write in Skills section. I am 6 Sigma Green belt trained, may be that could be counted.

So if there is any who went through the same phase, or could advise me on how to have a proper approach it'd be helpful.

Thank you.

Sri Pavan S

It is never easy to change careers and it usually takes a certain amount of time to achieve it, but it is not impossible. Below are some ways that can help you achieve your goal:

• Apply for jobs and get feedback to know what you need to do to get into those industries
  • Talk to head hunters
  • Take evening classes and get a certificate in sales / business management / marketing
  • Take free MOOC classes on ...