ChetanaSforum
Sign in to follow this  
s.rakhi

Got Placed In ACCENTURE

Hi Dear Chetana Friends,

I am elated to put my stories in one of the most sought after section of Chetanas Forum for inspiration - The Success stories section.

I am truly thankful to god,my parents,Andy and last but not the least Chetana mam!!!

Let me start with my trials so that everyknows that its all earned through hard work and perseverance

I completed my MCA in the month of June 2006.But i started preparing for interviews from the month of Jan 2006.I applied to infosys as soon as they called the first set of 2006 Freshers.I started working hard hoping to be called, as expected i got a call letter and 10 days time to prepare.I got the books and slept only for 3 to 4 hrs a day for almost 10 days and then when i had to write the exam i was all nervous and shivering.I did my best and yet could complete only 7 puzzles out of 10 and as expected i was not selected . I felt very bad and was angry, because i had no answer as to how hard work goes unpaid when i did all i could.In fact Infosys was my dream company and i could not make it.

Then i realized that luck also played a part. Then i attended these interview one after the other feeling depressed each time i failed.

1>Infosys-Apt(failed)

2>Samgram-Apt(failed)

3>Temenos-Apt(failed)

4>Sunitech-Apt(failed)

5>CellarStone-Apt(failed)

By this time i was very very down and vexed up, i always knew i was good at aptitude and had never failed in it, but i had to pick up at my speed and dexterity and had to avoid tension.So i still kept working on it.Next i was looking out at BPO also as an option as i was very desperate.Thats when i got a call from Wipro BPO.

6>Wipro BPO-Apt(Cleared),HR(Cleared),Tech(Cleared)-Selected

As i heard that we could shift to Wipro technologies after 18 months i started going to Wipro but soon i was dull and low in morale as i was admiring all the people walking happily in the Technology side, and feeling low, there were plenty of differences the way BPO people were treated right from the tag to the transport we take, people in technologies were offered more respect and freedom.Example one day i found that people who got selected through campus were allowed to bring their parents while we never had any such thing.I was getting tears as i felt that i was letting my parents down and was good for nothing.

I just went for 1 week after which one of my friends promised me a job in a very small company, so i quit WIPRO Bpo and joined this small company as a programmer.

7>Pvt Company-Technical(Cleared),HR(Cleared)-Selected

Then i was feeling better working in an IT dept though it was a very very small company, the IT dept itself consisted only of 3 people.I simultaneously prepared for TCS and CTS interviews as i had applied.I used to read success stories in Chetanas and pray a lot to God as my dream was to get into a very big comapny.Many of my parents friends kids got into big companies like Infosys etc but i never made it, many had great hopes on me as i fared better than those kids but never got one.My parents started avoiding having fun with friends and reduced their phone calls because each time everyone asked them what i was doing.

This made me even more worse.All i wanted from my childhood was to keep my parents proud but i was failing in it.

Then as my prayers were answered i got call letter from CTS and TCS for aptitude.So i started preparing with full throttle leaving the past behind me and sure to get victory.

8>CTS-Apt(Cleared),Tech(Cleared),HR(Cleared)- Not Selected

9>TCS-Apt(Cleared),Tech(Failed)

I lost hope in my life as i did my best in both but still did not get selected, i still dont know the reason though i cleared all the rounds in CTS why i was not selected.Tcs was even more worse i got an interviewer who asked me everything she could but just rejected me outright because i was not able to answer Software engineering ques.many of my classmates and friends got through easily even though they had answered plenty wrong.But here i was having answered almost 40 to 45 questions right and getting rejected for answering 3 ques wrong.I was very very unhappy, i felt that god was very very partial and helped only people who never really needed a job.I wanted to die and thought i had no meaning in living more, as i did not have the strength in me to prepare for an interview again in life.I always shyed away from people and would cry in lonliness.I used to cry everyday looking at the stars and looking at all the flights that passed by.My mom used to tell me that she used to look at all the planes flying by and imagine me flying in one of them travelling onsite from a big company.I used to cry a lot thinking about all that and feeling so worse that i cannot explain.Life itself seemed meaningless.

I used to be very dull the days after, I always was sensitive and was working for the sake of avoiding lonliness.It was Jan 2007 and i knew that i had slim chances of getting into a big company after this.The only hope i had left was trying Infosys for the second time as 9 months had passed after the last attempt.Then one day i found a mail from accenture asking me to attend aptitude at St.Joseph's college.I was happy but took it cool.I tried hard to study but by this time my heart was aching with so much pain and unhappiness that i did not prepare.I just went cooly and attended the Aptitude only to know that i got selected to the next round.I knew it was not a big deal because my Tech round was stil there, the day before i went to temple and prayed to God differently this time, as everytime i used to plead him to clear me through all the rounds but this time i prayed that he should give me the strength to bear failure and that i should not think of dying or cry.Then i attended the Tech Round in vel Tech college and after clearing Gd and HR i got my offer letter.I could not believe my eyes that day.I was surprised at my fate .I knew then that Luck,Confidence and hard work plays an important part.

10>ACCENTURE-Apt(cleared),GD(Cleared),HR(Cleared),Tech(Cleared)-Selected

I was so happy and overwhelmed and thanked god for giving me such a good position in life.

Now i have been with ACCENTURE for over 3 months and i am really glad to be working here.

For all those trying for jobs, my advice is please at any moment dont lose hope because only that will carry you throughout your life against any hardship.

Work hard, nothing can go wrong with hard work, some day YOU WILL BE ON THE TOP.If i can do it, then sure you too can do.Dont lose HOPE.

Thank you CHETANA mam, you had motivated me a lot, both of us know what i went through.I thank you from the bottom of my heart.I had long time since dreamt of writing in this column, now my dream has been fulfilled.

Anybody who needs some help i am always there to lend a helping hand.

All The BEST !!!

Rakhi

first i like to congrat u for u hard work- and ur hope! really i was in your past situation now bcoz i feel i was nothing in life-but ur story says me that i was little bit compared to u r difficulties!! and really i thnk u for publishing ur experience bcoz it will guide all of us who are in the same condition!

can i know ur mail id !

well! i hope ur future will as bright as the rising sun!

thanx , can u tell me datWHAT IS UR EMAIL ID

My email id is s.rakhi@gmail.com.I can do my best to help you

Thank you CHETANA mam, you had motivated me a lot, both of us know what i went through.I thank you from the bottom of my heart.I had long time since dreamt of writing in this column, now my dream has been fulfilled.

Dear Rakhi,

First of all, hearty congrats for your success. Yes, I definitely know what you went through during your times of struggle. As you might be knowing, I am the happiest for your success. :rolleyes:

When you interacted with me through mail few months back, I think I told you to believe yourself. At that time, I was very much worried for you as you were in lot of depression. I have always believed personally that patience & perseverance pays in the end. I am happy that you have proved that again.

Keep up your helping attitude and help others as you are doing now. There are lot of people in this forum itself who are struggling like you have struggled in the past.

I think you are placed in Chennai. If you are coming to Bangalore any time in future, you can let me know.

Can u give me ur emp id for reference also will u tell,Is thr any recruitment is gng on in Accenture??

Can u give me ur emp id for reference also will u tell,Is thr any recruitment is gng on in Accenture??

I do see recruitment going on in Accenture, but i havent seen any employee referral going on .But i can guide you on how to apply.Since many people have mailed me regarding this i will list down the steps to do it.1.Go to this link https://india.jobs.accenture.com/DirectAppl...pplyForJob.aspx2.In the search box type entry3.You will get a page displaying Entry Level Professionals (B.E/B.Tech/MCA) -Apply Entry Level Professionals(BCA/B.Sc) - Apply4.Fill in the necessary details and attach ur resume.Note:- I found that there has been no colum for an employee reference.So submit form, you will be called soon.I see interviews on a weekly basis and heard that they require lot of people as they are expanding their base in India.So everybody try to apply before the link gets deactivated

dhiraj_005in@yahoo.com

Dear Dhiraj and DeshaPrasad i have given my email id Above.And Dhiraj yes i do see engineering students and people from various backgrounds being recruited.Apply to the link given above and wait, they will sure call you if you match the criteria.

Dear Rakhi,

First of all, hearty congrats for your success.

Hi Chetana Mam,

I am very jubiliant to read your message and get your appreciation.Thanks a lot :)

i did struggle a lot during the days when i was jobless, i went through lot of emotional turmoil, which i have not even expressed here,but i sure kept patience through the people who loved me("Andy") , god and well of course you CHETANA mam.

Always i used to read the success stories and i used to gain some strength, i felt even more worse when the people whom i helped in this forum with details regarding interview times, and various other issues putting their success stories and i never made it.That time i even stopped visiting the success stories section, not because i was envying them but because i felt ashamed of myself and felt like a loser.I prayed at that time that all i wanted was to be one among them and not above them....

Then through lots and lots of prayers and hard work i was happy the day i got offer letter.

Now i want to help all those i need, i am very grateful to you and your forum.I will always be an active member, now that i am happy and in a position to help people.

I stay in Chennai and my office is at Sholinganallur.

What you had advised me is true

" believe yourself"

patience & perseverance pays in the end

Thank you

Love

Rakhi

:DRakhi i wish u all success in all your endeavours.

Congrats Rakhi. Well Done.

Your hard work, commitment and patience are worthy of emulation. I wish you God's blessings and massive success in your new job, may it fulfil all your expectations and beyond.

Congrats Well. My Sis also got a Placement in Accenture -Bangalore. She used to ask me for interview question papaers and this is the palce i take them from. Thanks Chetna Mam for Providing us a Great platform where we can search fr the Best options for our Carrer.Regards Varun

Hi My dear FriendsOn 13th of jan 2008. I have Attened the Accenture Interview at Bangalore for senior Postion. After my first Round they informed me that their HR Team will be Calling me... Can any one tell me how many interview rounds will be there..Is there any one who has Attened the Intreview on that same day.. Pls let me Know through mail...My mail ID :- dlbsanthosh@gmail.com..Sathosh

hi rakhi,i really appreciates to u bcoz ur hardwork & dedication...& congrats too..rit u r working in accenture..if u working in mainframe platform can u help me plz, bcoz i had done ibm mainframe training & now am trying mf field.can u send some mainframe project & ur gmail id too.congratulations ....bykathir

Hi Rakhi,

This is Sastry working in Semantic Space

Very nice to hear frm u and i'm very thankful to u for sharing ur hurdles and happiness which will inspire many people like me...

Happiness keeps you Sweet,

Trials keep you Strong,

Sorrow keeps you Human,

Failure keeps you humble and Success keeps you glowing, but only Faith & Attitude Keeps you going...