Photo
- - - - -

Regarding pursuing course @ NIIT (Jayanagar, Bangalore)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sayee

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

:lol: Hi admin, and friends,I am a BE CSE graduate of 2005 batch & due to some personal problems I completed my graduation by only november 2006!

In the meantime I specialized on Java Technology & also worked in a local Training centre teaching Java for students for 6 months,for which i don't possess documents to substantiate my work experience!
( I also can't get it now)

I am preparing for SCJP1.4 exams which i will write by next month! Now comes April 2007,I will have 2 years break, which will certainly impede my chances of getting into software industry.

My sister is in b'lore & I'm seriously thinking of pursuing a Java course @ NIIT( Jeynagar) branch & they say so that they will provide placement assistance!

What I want to know from you is

1) whether any students who have 2 or more years break have got placement on joining these types of courses @ NIIT's or other training institutions!
2) On what basis they arrange for interviews?
3) Ur opinion?
4) What is the available options for me now?

Do you know anyone( having 2 or more years break ) who got placed in different companies by pursuing a placement assistance course @ NIIT

If you have any informations regarding this, then please reply me or mail me..

my email id is : sayi_narain@yahoo.com

with regards,
cheers,
sayeenarayanan.

#2 Admin

Admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hi Sayeenarayanan,I understand your problem. Let me tell you that a person with good talent and smart in job search can get a good job soon. Smart in the sense the ability to act in a way that gives advantage to you by compromising your sincerity and honesty.Once you get a first break then no one can stop you!!I appreciate that you are doing good work by keeping your learning curve high like you have worked as a lecturer, then you are planning to take up java certification and also planning to do a course at a branded institute. If I am not wrong you have read some suggestion given by me at this forum. I like people like you and certainly would like to guide you personally.Keep it up and just keep learning the max. One more thing I suggest is better do a the course in Hyderabad in some good institute because it is cheaper and also the best.I am not sure about NIIT teaching methodology but I feel certainly the certificate has some value. Regarding placement assistance...why don't you go to that institute personally and catch some students while they are coming out of the institute and ask them the feedback. In case the institute itself promises you the placement assistance then be sure to mention about all your defects and then ask then whether they still can assure you the job. Ask them what kind of assistance they give you. Many institutes offer placement assistance in the same institute itself. Its a marketing buzz word to get business.All the best! The more you do research the more you get benefit. Dont try to get all the guidance sitting in front of computer. Ok?Good Luck! Keep posting your experiences so that I can guide you.

#3 ramyanarayanan

ramyanarayanan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hi Sayeenarayanan,

I understand your problem. Let me tell you that a person with good talent and smart in job search can get a good job soon. Smart in the sense the ability to act in a way that gives advantage to you by compromising your sincerity and honesty.

Once you get a first break then no one can stop you!!

I appreciate that you are doing good work by keeping your learning curve high like you have worked as a lecturer, then you are planning to take up java certification and also planning to do a course at a branded institute. If I am not wrong you have read some suggestion given by me at this forum. I like people like you and certainly would like to guide you personally.

Keep it up and just keep learning the max. One more thing I suggest is better do a the course in Hyderabad in some good institute because it is cheaper and also the best.

I am not sure about NIIT teaching methodology but I feel certainly the certificate has some value. Regarding placement assistance...why don't you go to that institute personally and catch some students while they are coming out of the institute and ask them the feedback.

In case the institute itself promises you the placement assistance then be sure to mention about all your defects and then ask then whether they still can assure you the job. Ask them what kind of assistance they give you. Many institutes offer placement assistance in the same institute itself. Its a marketing buzz word to get business.

All the best! The more you do research the more you get benefit. Dont try to get all the guidance sitting in front of computer. Ok?

Good Luck! Keep posting your experiences so that I can guide you.

I'm the guy who originally posted this article.
Today(26-12-2008) it has been 1.5 years since I started my journey to excellence in life & career.
Now by God's grace, I've been placed in a very good company & doing good.

I am preparing for SCJP1.4 exams which i will write by next month!

I've completed SCJP & other certifications in Java.
Also holds a Oracle Certification OCA.
Actually these certifications boosted up my chances of getting opportunities in very good companies , clearing those interviews & also gave me a commanding position in salary negotiations.
For clearing those Java certifications two resources helped me a lot
Those are
1) Head First Java & SCJP book ---> CathySierra & BertBates
2) www.javaranch.com

1) whether any students who have 2 or more years break have got placement on joining these types of courses @ NIIT's or other training institutions!

Certainly people with career breaks have gotten opportunities but(Take me as an example) with good marketable skills & Qualifications.
How not to worry about work experience for freshers
Once you get your first job, put your fullest effort & get experience.
Once you have got sufficient experience, qualifications(like project experience, sun certifications, exposure to in-demand technologies like Struts,Hibernate) & confidence move on........
But I doubt about the sincerity of these training institues in fetching you placements, unless & until you are extremely good
Remember I studied in a premiere training Institute in Bangalore in which the course was dragged to 8 months from the original deadline of 5 months & I scored heavily in all those tests conducted by them.
Even then my placement was delayed due to
1) My 2 years break( But that's why I joined them right)
2) My profile not matching the client requirements(Remember at this time I've specialized in Java, done 2 Sun Certifications & was one of the topper in my class)
Then I decided that I need to swim by myself & started attending Interviews highlighting my qualifications, skills & talent.
I updated my profile by myself & formatted it better & was daily sending resumes to atleast 10 firms through premier job portals like monster & naukri.
Then I got the job for a decent salary & after a year I skipped to another firm for a 150% hike.

2) On what basis they arrange for interviews?

If you've got less than 1 year gap then you have more chances of getting through this premiere training institutes.
Remember if this is the situation with premiere training institutes itself, what about second-class training institutes.
Of course they can get placements but the percentage is very less.
If you have any doubt, ask them what is the percentage of people they have placed with 2 years gap.
Their placements is certainly not on the basis of your skillset or talents but on the basis of client requirements only.
They don't even have control over pushing our case to clients.
I feel you can directly attend the company interviews unless & until you don't have more than 1 year gap.

But onething I can say
1) I got very good education in Java
2) some very good contacts & friends.

3) Ur opinion?

My opinion for people with more than one year gap is:
1 i) Don't join a training institute just it charges you less, in which you will lost money, time & education.
1 ii)Join a premiere training institute like NIIT not for placements, but for education.
2) Ask them for a demo class & ensure that the faculty is highly competent, you are able to follow what he is saying & listen to your heart. If they don't give you a demo class, then enquire about the best faculty from the students there & have a discussion with him expressing your wish to study under him & do the same. Also try to find out how long he will be in that institute.
3) If the faculty is very good, the chances are he can at anytime move out of the training institute, so try to pay the amount in maximum installments minimizing your loss.
4) The certificates they issue has no recognition & try to do SunCertification which has some value in the industry as you can stand out from the competition & also the company benefits from you as it can market your qualificaton to their fortune clients & bill more. Try to do some projects for the institute & get documents from the institute regarding that.
5) Even when you're studying(in training institute) start searching for a job, even if it is for no salary go ahead & get good experience.
In the industry experience & documents are what matters most.
Even when you're working for no salary , get offer letters or some documents substantiating your claim that you've worked there.
If you have any enquiries about pursuing sun certification or about your career , you can call me @ 9916845628(Bangalore no) or to my mail id sayi_narain@yahoo.com

4) What is the available options for me now?

See my above replies. Don't worry & start moving.

Do you know anyone( having 2 or more years break ) who got placed in different companies by pursuing a placement assistance course @ NIIT

No!

I appreciate that you are doing good work by keeping your learning curve high like you have worked as a lecturer

Not as a lecturer, but as a Java Trainer.

God bless you all!
My Sincere Regards!

#4 Surendra.S

Surendra.S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Hi Ramyanarayanan,

You just summarized exactly what I wanted to convey regarding training institutes.

It's wonderful to read through your experience. And also great to see you coming forward to offer your wisdom to others.

I feel your journey is a great learning experience for all those in your situation.

By the way, I am a Java professional with almost 8 years of experience in a MNC. And I have seen many people who suffered due to fake training institutes. So I can feel what you are conveying. I really liked your post. Keep posting such useful information.

#5 ramyanarayanan

ramyanarayanan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

So next time onwards stay alert & convey whatever you want to say completely & quickly.God bless you & be with you!Regards

#6 ramyanarayanan

ramyanarayanan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

Dear Guys/Gals,I request you pupil to post your experiences to gauge whether my observations about training institutes are right or not.Also I get some enquiries saying that they don't feel they can crack Sun Certification exams .Remember if I can crack those exams then every one else can do as you know I had a very solid strong foundation in my engineering ( 4 + 1 ) years.If you still have fears on your careers & about cracking international sun exams & getting international accreditations you can reach me at sayi_narain@yahoo.com or 9916845628.Regards

#7 ramyanarayanan

ramyanarayanan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hi Friends,

Of late I've been getting substantial number of mails briefing about their predicament & still enquiring about joining some standard Training institututes.

With care for people with more than one year gap & no prior experience :

My reply for all of them is even if you pay a hefty amount & join a standard training institute & even score well, it would still be difficult to get a placement from them , if you have got more than 1 years gap & with no prior experience.

For 80-90% of these pupils, they need to get their placements by themselves only showing the Institutes certificate, which would be of no value in the industry now.

Also I sincerely doubt about the quality of Faculties & their competence even in these standard training institutes which charge you heavily. The best Java Trainers have moved to Standard companies like Infosys, wipro & other MNC's as CorporateTrainers.

So my humble request for them is : If you are planning to spend a amount close to Rs .20,000 - 30,000 on your placements
Then
1) First move to major cities like Bangalore or Chennai or mumbai.
2) Buy a HeadFirst Java book by Kathysierra & BertBates & SCJP 1.6 by KathySierra & BertBates book.
3) Get a Internet connection for your PC or allocate a substantial amount on Browsing.
4) Register in www.javaranch.com (Free registration)
5) First start with HeadFirst Java book & start working with simple Java programs for close to 1 month.
6) Seek a job in any training centre (ofcourse there are many) as a Java Trainer & teach people there & start learning Java
(Benefit : You get monthly income
You get documents & practical exposure to substantiate your experience (ofcourse IT companies give some value to your corporate training experience also)
You get good environment to pursue your certification & also to get good contacts )
7) It will take between 3-6 months to complete a Java Certification for a complete beginner & till that time work in that centre as a Java Trainer & after completion of your certification start searching for jobs highlighting your experience & certification. Certainly you will get a job as a software engineer with decent pay only. Don't worry & work for experience.
8) After one year or so, switch over to some other company with very good pay hike.
9) After 2 years reply to this post saying your experience which can benefit others.

Benefit of this 9-step approach to fix your job problem is :

1) You have full control over the money & time spent on building your career. You need not be at the mercy of the Training institutes placement cell.

2) You are saving the amount spent on your training courses & also the time, which you are going to use to get international sun certification, which gives you more leverage in the IT Market

3) By this approach you are going to get money into your pocket (Asset ) , whereas by enrolling in institutes you are going to give huge money from your pocket(liability)

4) Very vitally, you are going to get documental experience of 6 months , international qualification , & also some money for pursuing sun certification ( in the form of monthly income as Java Trainer)

5) These sun certifications helps you in two ways:

i) For on-site opportunites in the company & for promotion.
ii) In HR negotiation, you can get 20-30% hike initially in your Total CTC .

For people with more than one year gap & with some experience:

1) Update your profile in naukri & monster highlighting your experience in domain & technology.
2) Start learning latest technologies ( like struts, Hibernate, etc now ) with or with out the help of institutes & do some projects with that technology.
3) Prepare for an answer for your career gap like family demands etc.

That's it from my side & I speak from my own experience & knowledge with these training institutes, faculties, & real IT industry' requirements & remunerations.

Also remember from 2007 - 2009 , I've completely changed & now I'm living well .

Thanks to my prudence & God's grace.

Of course I value this knowledge of mine & I'm just sharing it in this space as it can have vast reachability so that more people can benefit.

If you are still lured by the Ads & counseling gimmicks of these standard training institutes ,you are entitled to take your own course.

God bless you all for a bright future.

Cheers!

#8 ramyanarayanan

ramyanarayanan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hi friends,

Another point I noticed among you is that you are spending some substantial amount of time to send a mail to me , & you are expecting replies only through mail.

Of course I'm still sending replies through email but I cannot send replies to each & every one of you , as I'm limited in time.

So I feel it would be better, if you have any enquiries or problems you can reach me at my handset instead of sending through email .

my Hand-set no is : 09916845628

God bless you all !

Cheers
SayeeNarayanan.

#9 Rajani Rajan

Rajani Rajan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

hi i am really disagreed with your post. all training institute are not fakes. if your are looking at only the name of the institute they willl teach some blah blah by appointing some fresher. there are really good training institutes also. i studied testing course in infics solutions. nw its name is IIBC. Mr siva who taken the testing class. he is having 10 years of experiance in testing field. the institute is having development unit so we got a oppurtunity to work with live projects also. nw i m aorking in MNC company. i cracked the interview only because of their job training program

#10 Mohit Gupta2

Mohit Gupta2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

which is the best institute for providing best training in java ...........in delhi ....plz reply........and also having well qualified trainers