Photo
- - - - -

What expected CTC to mention for experienced developer ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shrgh

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

Hi I am a Java developer with 3+ yrs of exp in small companies. Now I am trying for a job in a bigger concern. One of the 1st questions they ask (even the consultants at the stage of applying ask this) is current and expected ctc. Pls guide me as to what expected CTC to mention - for MNCs and for other CMMlevel companies - for Chennai as well as for relocating to cities like Bangalore (which have high cost of living also accomodation to consider). What are the current industry standards for 3+? People advise me to ask a high salary else I am undervaluing myself but if I do they compare it with my current CTC which is low for 3+ as I am in a small company. Do consultants/HR use this as factor in shortlisting? Pls advise. Thanks.

#2 Amit-VC++Developer

Amit-VC++Developer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:46 PM

what is your current ctc?

#3 Admin

Admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:43 PM

Depending upon your current CTC, you can expect upto 30-100% hike. You can't generalize this expected CTC. Depending on the company you are joining you need to ask.If you still need to mention some figure so as to send to consultants and companies, you can write 30% if you are already getting good package or you may directly mention total figure per annum. Eg: 6 Lakhs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users