TYCO INTERNATIONAL OVERVIEW :
Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE: TYC) is a diversified, global company that provides vital products and services to customers around the world. Tyco is a leading provider of security products and services, fire protection and detection products and services, valves and controls, and other industrial products. Tyco had 2010 revenue of more than $18 billion and has more than 100,000 employees worldwide. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW :
Tyco Retail Solutions (TRS), a $1B division of Tyco International, offers a range of mission critical advanced solutions that address store execution, traffic and inventory intelligence, loss prevention and life safety. Over the past 40 years, our retail solutions have kept hundreds of millions of people safe and assets secure in more than 70 countries around the world.
DEPARTMENT UNIT OVERVIEW :
The Advanced R&D Group is a team of scientists and engineers focused on applied research into technologies that enhance our existing products and solutions and bring new ideas to life through technology demonstrations and prototypes. Our diverse team is located in 3 R&D centers located in Boca Raton, FL, Bangalore, India, and Shanghai, China. We have openings for students with interest in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Materials Science. Summer Associates will work on active research projects in collaboration with our researchers with the goal of making the internship appointment both a challenging learning experience and a practical step in building a track record of engineering and scientific achievement.
(Freshers) Software Engineer Interns @ Bangalore
Job Position : Software Engineer Intern
Job Number : 1116620
Job : Engineering
Primary Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
Organization : Tyco Retail Solutions
Job Shift : Day Job
Education Qualifications :
• University Students who have completed at least 2 Years of study at the undergraduate level and graduate students are encouraged to apply
• Ability to apply academic principles to solve real world problems and a willingness to take on new challenges.
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated practical software design and programming experience and be capable of taking a software design from use case through coding and test.
Desired Skills and Competencies :
• Technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas are desired:
• High Level Languages such as C/C++, Java, C#, etc.
• Website Design and Programming
• Application Programming for Mobile Devices (Android, iOS)
• Digital Signal Processing or Embedded Programming
• Algorithm Design
• Data Mining
• Ability to work in a diverse and challenging technical environment
• Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
Roles & Responsibilities : Intern roles/responsibilities could include:
• Work within the Research Team as an individual contributor and in collaboration with existing research teams.
• Attend meetings to discuss technical challenges and plan problem solving approaches.
• Attend staff meetings to inform research team members and management on project progress.
ABOUT TYCO'S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM :
• During your internship with Tyco, you will have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders, skill building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths. Tyco International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply for this Job ?
Note: Apply before the link is expired/removed.