Photo
- - - - -

Career Options

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sharath Suresh Krishnan

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

Hi Folks, I'm currently looking for an opportunity to work in software/IT industry.However,I have a BPO experience of two years as a Quality Analyst.I have done a small certification course in dot net.As far as IT is concerned,I'm a fresher.My year of passing is a big turn off for MNC who are looking to hire freshersFor me to get into IT industry, there are two ways - either I slog it in a small firm for a small pay but I'll get an experience which will help me get into bigger company.The pay I will be get will be lesser than what I had been getting in a BPO but the experience is important.Or there is another option - where I continue to work in a BPO where the BPO is a part of an IT MNC like Cognizant or Hcl or Wipro.If these companies have verticals and horizontals,then after some time I can get into software side of that company.But for that to happen,I should have faith and stay in the company for a longer duration to reap the benefits of that organization.I'm 25 now,I'm wondering if its too late to make a startAlso,I have been thinking about other alternatives - since I already have an experience in BPO,I might as well get into a BPO and try to attain a higher role.If I was in an IT company instead of a BPO,I'd have either remained as a developer or probably tried to get into an administrative role.If I wanted to get into an administrative role,I might as well do it in a BPO company,why necessarily a software company?....As a person I love traveling and going to different places,will I get travel opportunities in BPO as much you'd get in a software company?Considering all these possibilities,how do I take a call?Your suggestions are welcome

#2 skp17

skp17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

As A HR I would suggest you to start your career with a small firm and later after gaining experience you can make a move to bigger organization. Trust my words the exposure and learning experience you get in smaller companies is far more then bigger organizations.Start up with small one make yourself a master in any IT skill and later bigger organizations will chase to hire you :)

#3 muralidhar aithal

muralidhar aithal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

what if, a fresher don't get a job in it for a long time,even though with all the hard work,talent.Is it better to join tech support or BPO instead of simply wasting a time and spending a sleepless nights.

#4 Sharath Suresh Krishnan

Sharath Suresh Krishnan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

what if, a fresher don't get a job in it for a long time,even though with all the hard work,talent.Is it better to join tech support or BPO instead of simply wasting a time and spending a sleepless nights.

Well, it depends on what you want exactly.If a fresher wants to do some justification to his engineering degree,then I think he should be patient and wait before jumping into a BPO.Once you join a job, it becomes more difficult to try for other jobs ESPECIALLY BPO because it involves night shift.You can argue that its convenient as you can go for interviews in day time and go for work in the night but honestly it isnt as you'll be tired in the interview lacking energy and enthusiasm and lack energy and enthusiasm in work .You can't apply with the same intensity as you have been doing when you were free.Also you have to concentrate on your present work and do justice to it as well. Its nothing wrong adjusting but its worth it only its going to be temporary.But if you get stuck in the process of adjusting then its no point. My advice to 2011 passouts who are looking for a job in their respective field, I'd advice them to work even in a small work, the pay may not be handsome as in an MNC or even in a BPO but it gives you the work experience required to work in an MNC

#5 sean lopez

sean lopez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

I would suggest you to go and start your work with the company which helps to build your career and future.

#6 mccullumjohn

mccullumjohn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

As A HR I would suggest you to start your career with a small firm and later after gaining experience you can make a move to bigger organization. Trust my words the exposure and learning experience you get in smaller companies is far more then bigger organizations. Start up with small one make yourself a master in any IT skill and later bigger organizations will chase to hire you :)

I agree with your thought, I also start my career from small organization and gain experience; now Iím sitting on my favorite seat.