chetanaforum

Technical Writing & Technical Writers

Technical writers create technical documentation and user guides for a technology. Their responsibilities are to communicate a message of a technical nature effectively, with more emphasis on understanding technology and less emphasis on aesthetics than graphic designers or copywriters.

Technical writers are responsible for writing text that is helpful to its intended audience, accurate, readable, and accessible.

Technical writers often have a certification or degree in English, in technical writing, in the technical field for which they are writing, or some combination of these. www.ChetanaS.com

Technical writers must be able to express ideas clearly and logically and should love to write. They are also often times required to have technical proficiency.

Technical writing is "translating technical ideas into words that a specific audience will understand." Audience analysis is thus a key feature of all technical writing. Technical writing is usually done by a technical writer.

SOURCE & MORE INFO:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_writing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_writer

Hello Chetana Ma'am!

I was just about to post a new thread for this and hit upon this article by you! Nice co-incidence!

Can you please tell me a bit more the requirements for becoming a tech. writer. I do not have a degree in English or in technology. Can I still become a tech. writer?

I am interested in writing, though. And have good tech. expertise. Is that enough for becoming a tech. writer/documentation engineer?

--

Regards,

Deboo

Please give some links where one can test writing skills.

--

Regards,

Deboo

You do not have to have a degree in english to become a tech writer.You should be just able to explain complex software concepts/how to use a software in simple sentences. So that even people who does not have any technical background can use the software,etc.MS word can help you correct your grammer,etc.

Well I have an opening for the position of content writer in pune for web development company. If you are interested then do mail me at frankcastle509@gmail.com.send resume to this e-mail.Make sure to mention that you referred from this particular forum then I can give you details of the company and its location.

Technical writing is straightforward, easy to understand explanations and/or instructions dealing with a particular subject. It is an efficient and clear way of explaining something and how it works. The are some firms providing content writing services. I agreed with Chetanas opinion. we Know that SEO services require good content writers. Technical writing is a part of SEO. Technical writers may be called on to produce different types of technical documents. These technical documents have many similar features and requirements, but some documents, such as websites, have more specific requirements.

Technical writing is a type of writing where the author is writing about a particular subject that requires direction, instruction, or explanation. This style of writing has a very different purpose and different characteristics than other writing styles such as creative writing, academic writing or business writing.

Insignificant word Technical composition is sufficient to leave a great many people between a rock and a hard place. Furthermore, I am not simply discussing the individuals who need to peruse it, it likewise incorporate the individuals who need to compose it. Concurred that most specialized substance composing is finished by individuals who are more worried about the specialized side of the substance instead of its inventive part yet it doesn't imply that statistical data points must be introduced in a repetitive way. While it's actual that specialized publicist has little extent of being inventive as he needs to adhere to the figures however he should influence the written work to clear and sufficiently basic for its proposed perusers to have the capacity to peruse it. Each trying specialized publicist should ensure that his composition is sufficiently intriguing to hold the consideration of the general population who require that data regardless of the possibility that it is neglects to intrigue and divert others.

Thanks& regards,

Angel anave