Google+ What is the scope of Mainframe in 2011? - MAINFRAME SPECIAL - ChetanaSforum

Photo

What is the scope of Mainframe in 2011?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vinoth kumar ramakrishnan

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

Hi I did MCA in 2009 also i have first class throughout academics.I have worked in a BPO about 8 months and again i want to enter into IT. I made an enquiry about Mainframe at Maples,DSRC and IMFT.In maples already around 15 batches are running it will take more time to bring the first company for placement. Since i'm a 2009 passed out i have time duration of 6 months (jan'11 to june'11). Also there is a limit of 3-5 companies only for each.In DSRC there is no job assured program and fee is around 33k for application.About IMFT i know some candidates get through IMFT. cost is 20k only but we have to pay 2-3 months salary based on CTC once if you got placed. They told me that they will bring more number of companies there is no limit as in Maples.So suggest me some ideas friends. :rolleyes:

#2 john abraham

john abraham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hi I did MCA in 2009 also i have first class throughout academics. I have worked in a BPO about 8 months and again i want to enter into IT. I made an enquiry about Mainframe at Maples,DSRC and IMFT. In maples already around 15 batches are running it will take more time to bring the first company for placement. Since i'm a 2009 passed out i have time duration of 6 months (jan'11 to june'11). Also there is a limit of 3-5 companies only for each. In DSRC there is no job assured program and fee is around 33k for application. About IMFT i know some candidates get through IMFT. cost is 20k only but we have to pay 2-3 months salary based on CTC once if you got placed. They told me that they will bring more number of companies there is no limit as in Maples. So suggest me some ideas friends. :rolleyes:

Mainframe there are lots of people still without placement...recently i went to attend a mainframe off campus..it was like an ocean there..nearly 400..if u wish go for it..study in maples..in chn or try in banglore..don go to a institute in Trivandrum..there oly IBM comes and that too politics only girls are preferred ..a kind advice :rolleyes:

#3 sivathanu pillai

sivathanu pillai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Mainframe there are lots of people still without placement...recently i went to attend a mainframe off campus..it was like an ocean there..nearly 400..if u wish go for it..study in maples..in chn or try in banglore..don go to a institute in Trivandrum..there oly IBM comes and that too politics only girls are preferred ..a kind advice :rolleyes:

i would like to know more about cdac in tvm,is it good for main frame course,as iam 2008 passed out i asked them,they told company asking only 9 and ten batch ,pls any body reply me,as iam confused wat to do to enter in to software job,main frame or testing ,or java and j2ee s

#4 clemypraveen

clemypraveen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

I have completed Mainframes course in Maples ESM two months back...at present no placements in maples...my kind advice do not join mainframe course...opportunities are very less now..

#5 sean lopez

sean lopez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

As per my experience I'm working on mainframe from past 3 years on Z/OS. I found it really vast and very interesting job. Here i deal with all the concepts of Mainframe like JCL, CICS, Batch, HSM, SMS, Storage, IMS, DB2, Scheduling, DASDs, Tapes, VTS, Printers, SDSF, TSO, IPL, L-Pars, Work load Distribution among L-Pars, CLIST, REXX, Automation except COBOL, SQL querries and all coding stuff.

#6 Piyush Kumar Solanki

Piyush Kumar Solanki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

I think CDAc is best option to enter again in IT industry...there are lots of company visits all of the batches,somy advice is to get the job assured then CDAC ki best option...!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Mr. Sumit kumar

Mr. Sumit kumar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Mainframe technology is awfully greatly in demand in IT companies now days. There may be smaller number of opportunities in mainframes if we compare with other technologies like java/j2ee. But itís not that you wonít get any job in the same sector. _______________ Bridal underwear

#8 Nithin Sekhar S

Nithin Sekhar S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

cdac in trivandrum is good..i got placed in HCL from CDAC...lot of companies like HCL,TARGET,IBM etc are coming for placement...

#9 vardhan s

vardhan s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

most mainframe projects would be support and maintenance only, a very few enhancement but no real development
:rolleyes:

Visit My Website

#10 M D N PAVAN KUMAR

M D N PAVAN KUMAR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

cdac in trivandrum is good..i got placed in HCL from CDAC...lot of companies like HCL,TARGET,IBM etc are coming for placement...

C-DAC is the BEST place for IBM Mainframe Training, as they provide IBM supplied materials and class room teaching is also very good, here u have the chance to visit IBM MAINFRAME Machines, as people say it is a LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT to see a Mainframe Machine. But the main thing is that recently from 2011 August batch there is no placements, 1 or 2 companies visiting but only 1 people r selecting for each drive...... We have seen their excellent placement track records in 2010 and joined there. But it useless now....... No companies r coming from past 1 yr....... if there is any recruitment only 1 will get the job out of 50-60 candidates.... And recently the size of the batch is tooo less like 3-10 per batch. Overall now it is good for training but not for placements.....