Logesh05

TCS 2010 PUZZLES

13 posts in this topic

1.A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are A cm, B cm and C cm. (I do not remember the numerical value). What will be the area of the square made from the same rope?

2.There is a bacteria which has the probability of die 1/3 of its total number or it may tripled. Find out the probability
A. P=1/3+(2/3*p^3)
B. P=2/3+(2/3*p^3)
C. P=2/3+(1/3*p^3)
D. P=2/3+(2/3*p^3)
I marked it as A. check it out

3.23 men shake hand with each other in a party. Maximum no of handshakes without cyclic handshakes.

4.There are two tanks A,B. A will be fill up 1ltr in one hour. B tank will fill up double in every hour (like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160…..). if the tank B is filled 1/16 in 13 hours how much time it will take to fill up totally.

5.The ages of two friends is in the ratio 5:6. After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 7:8?

6.In a question ,last part has ,the ages of two people has the ratio of 6:6 and by adding the numbers we get 44,after how many years the ratio would be 8:7? Ans:

the first one is really vry simple....here's d soln.perimeter of traingle should b equal to perimeter of square as the rope used is same.so, A+B+C= 4x (let x be length of square's side)therefore, x=(A+B+C)/4area of square = x.x = (A+B+C)/4 . (A+B+C)/4 i.e. ur ans.

Question no.3 it is analogous to a network topology question ....like what is the no. of connections needed in a full-mesh type of network , where no. of node =23 ??in a full mesh, no og connections = (n.n-n)/2=(23.23-23)/2= (529-23)/2 = 506/2 = 253

4.There are two tanks A,B. A will be fill up 1ltr in one hour. B tank will fill up double in every hour (like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160…..). if the tank B is filled 1/16 in 13 hours how much time it will take to fill up totally.

ans ...good questions...
logesh boss..if u r asking abt B tank then it will take 17 hrs to fill up totally.
13th hrs tank B filled 1/16
14th hrs tank B filled (1/16)*2=2/16 like this
15th hrs tank B filled 4/16
16th hrs tank B filled 8/16
17th hrs tank B filled 16/16 so ans will b 17 hrs

ans ...good questions...
logesh boss..if u r asking abt B tank then it will take 17 hrs to fill up totally.
13th hrs tank B filled 1/16
14th hrs tank B filled (1/16)*2=2/16 like this
15th hrs tank B filled 4/16
16th hrs tank B filled 8/16
17th hrs tank B filled 16/16 so ans will b 17 hrs

Thank you very much for your rpl .Can i knw y u multiplying 2 frm 14th hour ..

Question no.3 it is analogous to a network topology question ....like what is the no. of connections needed in a full-mesh type of network , where no. of node =23 ?? in a full mesh, no og connections = (n.n-n)/2=(23.23-23)/2= (529-23)/2 = 506/2 = 253

No ..ans is wrong boss ..while solving they gave options like 22 ,23 like this

bcuz its given in the question that it gets doubled every hour...

bcuz its given in the question that it gets doubled every hour...

can you solve other questions

6.In a question ,last part has ,the ages of two people has the ratio of 6:6 and by adding the numbers we get 44,after how many years the ratio would be 8:7? Ans:given Adding the number 444+4 = 8ans 823 men shake hand with each other in a party. Maximum no of handshakes without cyclic handshakes.(n-1) or (n(n-1))/2 substitute 23 in both the formulas given check options if u found that is the ans... only one will satisfy

6.In a question ,last part has ,the ages of two people has the ratio of 6:5 and by adding the numbers we get 44,after how many years the ratio would be 8:7? Ans: given Adding the number 44 4+4 = 8 ans 8 23 men shake hand with each other in a party. Maximum no of handshakes without cyclic handshakes. (n-1) or (n(n-1))/2 substitute 23 in both the formulas given check options if u found that is the ans... only one will satisfy

Can you explain me the LOGIC pls tat is age probs r jus adding d nos

Can you explain me the LOGIC pls tat is age probs r jus adding d nos

ya can u explain y we have added the 2 numbers in age problem and i dont understand the solution of handshake problem

ya can u explain y we have added the 2 numbers in age problem and i dont understand the solution of handshake problem

For Handshake problem we having formula if given no is odd then hv to use (n-1) ,if even then n(n-1)/2 ..

B tank will fill up double in every hour so multiplying 2 frm 14th hour after 13th hr next will b 14th hr na n given data is up to 13hr