Photo
- - - - -

Mphasis Test : AMCAT (Aspiring Minds )

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Ahid Ali

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

- PLEASE SHARE

Friends, I got hall ticket to appear AMCAT for Mphasis on 4th sep at SJBIT bangalore. Please share the questions pattern & experience for this test. please reach me at ahid10khan@gmail.com

#2 jyoti_singh

jyoti_singh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

Hi,

AMCAT syllabus is:

English Comprehension

* 1. Synonyms/Antonyms/Word Meaning (Vocabloury)
* 2. Complete the Sentence (Grammar)
* 3. Spot error/Correct sentence (Grammar/sentence construction)
* 4. Sentence Ordering (Comprehension skills)
* 5. Questions based on passage (Comprehension skills)

Quantitative Ability

* 1. Basic Math Understanding and Algrebra: Decimals, fractions, powers, HCF, LCM, Solving equations, etc.
* 2. Word Problems
* 3. Understanding of Logarithms and exponents
* 4. Permutation and Combination, Probability

Reasoning and Logical Ability

* 1. Analogical Reasoning: Analogy and Classification questions
* 2. Deductive Logic: Statement-Conclusion, Statement-Assumption, Data-sufficiency type, Syllogisms, etc.
* 3. Pattern Recognition: Coding and Decoding Questions, Alphabet Test
* 4. Composition of Complex relations: Blood Relation, Direction Understanding, Logical Word Sequence
* 5. Reasoning Puzzles, Theme Detection

#3 jyoti_singh

jyoti_singh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

I have mailed you some sample questions also of each subject. These questions & AMCAT syllabus is available on the website of Aspiring Minds but to get these details you need to register through following link: http://my.aspiringminds.in/

#4 Ahid Ali

Ahid Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

I have mailed you some sample questions also of each subject. These questions & AMCAT syllabus is available on the website of Aspiring Minds but to get these details you need to register through following link: http://my.aspiringminds.in/

Hello Jyoti, Is there any -ve marking?

#5 jyoti_singh

jyoti_singh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

No there is no negative marking & 1 more thing you can't go to the previous question after selecting next button. So b careful that u have chosen correct option in 1st attempt.Don't worry you just give ur best, prepare according to the syllabus & attempt all the questions.1 more thing time may b a constraint 4 u, so take care about time management also.All the best...

#6 sunil mallaiah

sunil mallaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

No there is no negative marking & 1 more thing you can't go to the previous question after selecting next button. So b careful that u have chosen correct option in 1st attempt. Don't worry you just give ur best, prepare according to the syllabus & attempt all the questions. 1 more thing time may b a constraint 4 u, so take care about time management also. All the best...

hi jyothi... wat r the total number of questions and wat is the duration of the test.

#7 jyoti_singh

jyoti_singh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi Sunil,there are around 25 questions in each section & 30 mins for each section.

#8 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

hey did you receive the mail for aptitiude test or for gd n hr rounds......please reply .......

#9 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

guys is der ne1 here wo gat a mail from Mr.sunil Mahajan on 17th august saying that dey wer shortlisted based on thier amcat scores. dey need t register and dey will be informed about the venue details for GD n HR .I received a mail sayin that i was shortlisted based on my amcat cores for further rounds . but stil din receive the call letter.PLEASE REPLY GUYS MY FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT.

#10 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

guys please reply . m GOIN MAD

#11 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

HEY JYOTHI, PLEASE REPLY

#12 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

[quote name='Ahid Ali' date='Aug 31 2010, 08:43 AM' post='86138']
Friends, I got hall ticket to appear AMCAT for Mphasis on 4th sep at SJBIT bangalore.
Please share the questions pattern & experience for this test. please reach me at ahid10khan@gmail.com
[/qhey did you receive the mail for aptitiude test or for gd n hr rounds......please reply .......

#13 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

Friends, I got hall ticket to appear AMCAT for Mphasis on 4th sep at SJBIT bangalore. Please share the questions pattern & experience for this test. please reach me at ahid10khan@gmail.com

hey did you receive the mail for aptitiude test or for gd n hr rounds......please reply .......

#14 shabeerbasha

shabeerbasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

hi friend can u send me the questions of mphasis myu mail id is shabeerharun@gmail.com.pls do the favour im having exam on 4th so plsssssssssss

#15 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

hi jyothi... wat r the total number of questions and wat is the duration of the test.

hey sunil, did u receive any venue details for GD N HR

#16 jyoti_singh

jyoti_singh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hi Uday,sorry I can't tell u anything about Mphasis further rounds bcoz I m nt appearing for this recruitment process & don't worry if they r saying that u hav been shortlisted for GD & HR then they will definitely send u the mail regarding this.You know I was called for the interview after 2 months of AMCAT exam but that was nt Mphasis drive it was HCL drive through Aspiring Minds. My situation is just like u I am also going mad bcoz I attended HR round of HCL in Noida on 25th August, they told me that they'll send the mail to those candidates who'll b selected & I have nt recieved any mail yet.... :( Bt u hav still chance to get selected, so don't worry it may take time bt they will definitely call u.

#17 uday sreerama

uday sreerama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hi Uday, sorry I can't tell u anything about Mphasis further rounds bcoz I m nt appearing for this recruitment process & don't worry if they r saying that u hav been shortlisted for GD & HR then they will definitely send u the mail regarding this. You know I was called for the interview after 2 months of AMCAT exam but that was nt Mphasis drive it was HCL drive through Aspiring Minds. My situation is just like u I am also going mad bcoz I attended HR round of HCL in Noida on 25th August, they told me that they'll send the mail to those candidates who'll b selected & I have nt recieved any mail yet.... :( Bt u hav still chance to get selected, so don't worry it may take time bt they will definitely call u.

thnk u jyothi

#18 roseflower

roseflower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

hey sunil, did u receive any venue details for GD N HR

evn i gt shrtliseted 4 mphasis ,and i registered 4 it too,bt din gt any mail till nw,,,they will send us soon i hope

#19 roseflower

roseflower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

evn i gt shrtlisted 4 mphasis ,and i registered 4 it too,bt din gt any mail till nw,,,they will send us soon i hope

#20 yallamreddy sudheerreddy

yallamreddy sudheerreddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

i got hallticket to attend mphasis drive at bangalore.there will be any furthur rounds or only written test .if any body know about the selection procedure please post here