Photo
- - - - -

despite the skills...failure came hitting in the HR round...how to improve this..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shalini sudam

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

halo frnz....iam a 2010 passout...desperately and enthusiastically in the hunt of JOB...I gave my intervw with one of the MNC's i will post my questionz wat HR has striked me with and the answers i gave...if any one finds where i really need to improve....plz openly post ur valuable suggestionz here.....i went for HR after clearing tech GD..I wasnt tensed..sounding confident i entered the room...i Wished HR..he too wished me up...and i took my seat wen he asked me to do so...HR said: So, shalini...how about the dayI: It sounded pretty well sir, every moment wih so much of excitementHR: Fine, Shalini! did u have any baclogs during ur graduationI: Yup sir, unfortunately in the second sem of my engineering but cleared it off immediately in the next attempt..HR: i guess we arent admitting the students with baclogs and they had a talk for few minutes and asked me so Shalini plz give me ur certificates, I gave them and they verified...u have 76% aggregte and u had a baclog...I said...even i didn't knw the result of second sem was really a big shock for me..that wasnt expected...as i was highly confident about my performance..HR: k shalini tell me about urselfI: i introduced my self starting with me, my educational bacground,my strengths,my skils and my hobbies and I asked can i go ahead with my family bacground sir...and i continuedHR: k shalini tell me y our company is hiring freshers and not experienced..?I: coz fresher's are enthusiastic enuf and highly flexible as they r new to industry they r zealous too sirHR: fine, shalini, why should the company hire u??I: the kind of skills and the passion i have to be a program developer and the sort of attitude i have for my goals must be the reasons sir..HR: fine describe urself in three words?I: SINCERE, HONEST, ZEALOUS..HR: he asked me sum logical question which i cud not answer perfectly but gave my best to answer it..in the end he saai u were 70% rite asnd he disclosed the answer...HR:k..u said u have great passion for java..wat if i ask u to go for .net project??I: i said i must convince u to give me the same project to be finished in java technologyHR: then he said..i shall sac u from the company if u dunt go for .net..i nedd ur flexibility..then wat wud u do???I: fine sr, matter of flexibilty..i shall do the project on .net..but at the same time i must not leave my passion for java..i shall work on it after office hoursHR:alrite shalini..r u k with the bond and locationI: i said yup, sir not a problem..HR: any questions from ur end??I: sir i wud like to have ur feed back on my interviewHR: that was pretty good..am impressed..I: sir, wud my backlog relly matter for my rejection???HR: well........(short pause) am forwarding ur resume...rest is left to the selection commiteeI: fine sir...if am not over confident...cud u plz tell me wen cud be the joining once we r selected coz i may have to finish my courses b4 the dead line....HR: yup probably within a month..I: alrite sirHR: k shalini had gud time..see u soonDESPITE this...i did not get selected to HR...i was confused wat cud be the reasons for y they rejected me....can any one suggest me with my negative stuff i have got which am unable to explore it to myself??????????plzthanxRegards Shalini

#2 Dhilip...

Dhilip...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

halo frnz.... iam a 2010 passout...desperately and enthusiastically in the hunt of JOB... I gave my intervw with one of the MNC's i will post my questionz wat HR has striked me with and the answers i gave...if any one finds where i really need to improve....plz openly post ur valuable suggestionz here..... i went for HR after clearing tech GD.. I wasnt tensed..sounding confident i entered the room... i Wished HR..he too wished me up...and i took my seat wen he asked me to do so... HR said: So, shalini...how about the day I: It sounded pretty well sir, every moment wih so much of excitement HR: Fine, Shalini! did u have any baclogs during ur graduation I: Yup sir, unfortunately in the second sem of my engineering but cleared it off immediately in the next attempt.. HR: i guess we arent admitting the students with baclogs and they had a talk for few minutes and asked me so Shalini plz give me ur certificates, I gave them and they verified...u have 76% aggregte and u had a baclog...I said...even i didn't knw the result of second sem was really a big shock for me..that wasnt expected...as i was highly confident about my performance.. HR: k shalini tell me about urself I: i introduced my self starting with me, my educational bacground,my strengths,my skils and my hobbies and I asked can i go ahead with my family bacground sir...and i continued HR: k shalini tell me y our company is hiring freshers and not experienced..? I: coz fresher's are enthusiastic enuf and highly flexible as they r new to industry they r zealous too sir HR: fine, shalini, why should the company hire u?? I: the kind of skills and the passion i have to be a program developer and the sort of attitude i have for my goals must be the reasons sir.. HR: fine describe urself in three words? I: SINCERE, HONEST, ZEALOUS.. HR: he asked me sum logical question which i cud not answer perfectly but gave my best to answer it..in the end he saai u were 70% rite asnd he disclosed the answer... HR:k..u said u have great passion for java..wat if i ask u to go for .net project?? I: i said i must convince u to give me the same project to be finished in java technology HR: then he said..i shall sac u from the company if u dunt go for .net..i nedd ur flexibility..then wat wud u do??? I: fine sr, matter of flexibilty..i shall do the project on .net..but at the same time i must not leave my passion for java..i shall work on it after office hours HR:alrite shalini..r u k with the bond and location I: i said yup, sir not a problem.. HR: any questions from ur end?? I: sir i wud like to have ur feed back on my interview HR: that was pretty good..am impressed.. I: sir, wud my backlog relly matter for my rejection??? HR: well........(short pause) am forwarding ur resume...rest is left to the selection commitee I: fine sir...if am not over confident...cud u plz tell me wen cud be the joining once we r selected coz i may have to finish my courses b4 the dead line.... HR: yup probably within a month.. I: alrite sir HR: k shalini had gud time..see u soon DESPITE this...i did not get selected to HR...i was confused wat cud be the reasons for y they rejected me.... can any one suggest me with my negative stuff i have got which am unable to explore it to myself?????????? plz thanx Regards Shalini

hi my point of view for your rejection is.while interviewer asked you,if we alloted .net project means,can you lik that know.for tat,you should accept in first time itself as,ya..i can..i'm very flexible in accordance to the situation and so i can work on any domain like that. But u refused and you sticked upon java. Later on only you accepted to do .net project.so personally i feels this s d reason for your rejection.and also history of arrears is not a matter..so dont confuse wit tat..

#3 Dhilip...

Dhilip...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

One more thin i found..it is,you itself not confident on your performance..interviewer clearly found tat,whil you asked a question as,is backlog wil be a reason for my rejection lik tat..so pretty sounds tat,ur not confident bout urself..so you 've to ask good questions onli whil interviewer gave chance to ask any questions..for example,wat the long term vision for this company..or wat kind of training can i expect lik tat u've to ask..interviewer 'l give chance to ask a question,becaus how u facing the situation whil any task given lik tat interviewer 'l check dis time..so u've to ask good questions onli..

#4 Dhilip...

Dhilip...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

One more thin i found..it is,you itself not confident on your performance..interviewer clearly found tat,whil you asked a question as,is backlog wil be a reason for my rejection lik tat..so pretty sounds tat,ur not confident bout urself..so you 've to ask good questions onli whil interviewer gave chance to ask any questions..for example,wat the long term vision for this company..or wat kind of training can i expect lik tat u've to ask..interviewer 'l give chance to ask a question,becaus how u facing the situation whil any task given lik tat interviewer 'l check dis time..so u've to ask good questions onli..

#5 shalini sudam

shalini sudam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

thanx dhilip... i guess i found my negative stuff so i must ound confident and show up my flexibility... with the interviewee another question dhilip!!! how to mention the weaknessz and cover them with positive answers..example..i used to have loads o ego in my 12th standard which ended up with just a single friend and not hat big set of frnz however in my btech i thot thats no the way and changed my mindset of being egoistic and earned many friends...can i mention this as one of my weaknesses how exactly i can face such qestionz...and was i fine with the remaining answers ???? expectong the earnest reply... thanx in advance Regards Shalini

#6 Dhilip...

Dhilip...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

Its okay shalini. Ya. Both in tech and hr round,they'l test ur flexiblity,confidence and loyality. If u clearly showed these three things to interviewer means,100 % you 'l clear the round.damn sure. And for your another question on weakness,dont say tat answer.because watever u replyin in the hr round,it'l be needful to the company.even ur weakness also 'l be a companies advantage.so ur ego character and friends making is nothin useful to company.so they wont get impress..so u may tel as,i forget bout dinner,lunch,breakfast whil hardworkin.so due to tat,my health prob comin..for example in my 12th std exams,durin my hardwork for exams,i forgot bout food in night time lik tat..so nowadays i'm reactifyin lik tat u can say..and another example lik,i'l take the office prob to home..so cant involve in family prob and family personals lik tat u can say..better u can search wel for these kinds of questions and answers in net or in chetanasforum hr interview section..there you can get clear idea..

#7 dilip kota

dilip kota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Thanx to both shalini and dhilip for providing valuble stuff and even to chetanas forum for providing this type of platform :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users