harika5k

TCS new pattern

Hi; I attended the xam on 14th.The information which you got is correct.That question are too long and most of questions are too long and testing your apptitude .. Its Take lot of time to read.. but required inforamation to solve the problems are in last two lines.. All the best

thnks for de info.. hw many ques did u attend?

Hai Friends, Last Week i attended the TCS Online Test but i didnt select in Online Test...........TCS Online test includes Puzzles related question and little Aptitude Question which is simple but it take more time to read ...................So, time Management is very important in Online Test and for every wrong answer 0.33 mark should be reduced.So dont guess the answer ................ All The Best to All Other Friends Who are Going To Attend..........Prepare Well...............Be Confident Always..............

Hi guyz... I heard from few friends who have attended today in my college(veltech). They said that they have got their written test and interviews scheduled today itself, and the questions asked in the interviews were "Tell About Yourself" and then they have given the offer letter then and there. As for I know, I guess they have changed only the PATTERN of the Online Test, but the Sections and Questions must be from their old database, may be they would have added few new type of questions, because few said that they have got only Aptitudes and few said only Puzzles and today my friend said he got Verbals. Anyhow guyz, its about our fate and luck to clear the test. Lets hope for the best. I'm yet to get my hall ticket, though I'm going to attend on 21st @ Thiruchengode through Anna University Off-Campus(TNSLPP). After then I'll post my experience here.

Hii.... I hv also received hall ticket for sat 21/aug interview at BANGALORE an the venue is Sjb Institute Of Technology.i also heard tat the interview pattern is changed .. am very week in Quantitative Aptitude . please i would really appreciate if anyone who has attended tcs interview to giv me some important topics an also the exact pattern ..thnks

Hello Friends.../ I attended the TCS online on 14th August In Bangalore......,Regarding TCS New pattern...? Here i give some Important things for preparation PLEASE GO FOR IT......./ ** The question pattern was 100% Fully changed. ** Only 35 questions 1 hr Time. ** CALCULATOR is ALLOWED----> I came 2 know after i reach there[ Note it., Plz take the calc] ** Only APTITUDE....., There is No Synonyms.., Antonyms..,Verbal..,Critical and ALL. Go for the Following Topics Perfectly......(First Give Preference to starred one) ~ *Numbers ~ Serial Problem ~ Fibonnocci series Based Problems ~ *Age ~ *Pipes and Cisterns ~ *Blood relations ~ *Time and Distance..,Work ~ *Speed related [Train] ~ *Volume and Surface area ~ *Ratio & Proportion ~ *Alligation of Mixture ~ *Probablity ~ Percentage ~ Profit and Loss ~ Average >> Seating Arrangement Problem >> Finally Read the Formula's of GEOMETRY.Listen:: Question was easy We can easily Identify the Unit as soon as you see the Qs. They will confuse you in the following area problems AGE..,Average..,Speed..,Volume & surface.., Ratio..,Seating Arrangements.How they will confuse you Mean ( Some Problems Which came for ME......)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------1.) This is asked for me...? Kunal and Sagar are Neighbours.., Kunal Buy a Colour Television For Rs.15000., With the Discount of 15% They Ratio of their Ages was 6:5 It was 6yrs ago..,Sagar buy a television for _____ Some Amount.The difference of the discount is 10%.The ratio of their age is 11:10 this is four years hence...,What are their Present Ages...? Refer Exer Prob no 7 in AGE For this -----> Initially it will take Few min to find this prob is Based on P&L or Age....., then Ratio in Age will confuse......., Where to start And What are the DaTa's we should Take will confuse.../ THIS IS THE HEADACHE......,Try to Cure it.., when you are at The VENUE..,2) The Problems of Ratio..,Volume and Surface QS. Are extend UPTO 10 LINES......,** SKIP THOSE QUESTIONS ANSWER IT AT LAST 3) RAPETEKO reshuffle the alphabets form a meaningful word and relate it to the following.., a.)Vegetable b.)Friut c.)Bird d.)City4) There was a scientist who after doing research , found that color of skin of animalsvary with change in distance.One day he started to chase a beer .He walked 1 miletowards north , then turned and walked 1 mile towards east and then caught the beer andradio-ribboned the beerThen he left the beer at that spot and returned to his base-station taking a turn towardssouth (walked 1 mile towards south).Then what was the color of beer at that spot?a)whiteb)brownc)blackd)grey Probablity and Ratio of Proportion are DATA SUFFICIENCY TYPE QUESTION In Ratio they asked A & B are 2 container having water and PEPSI..,If you take 1 spoon of water and pour it into Pepsi and after that You take one spoon of Pepsi and Pour in into Container A... a.) b.) c.) d.) Containing data sufficiency options Probablity Gloves and cap Problem., Problem on Number will be very very easy....., look around (a3+b3) Formula---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I am not having the capacity to hold 10 lines of Qs in my Mind...., This is what i remembered You Should need a Presence of Mind...... To Understand the delivered English in Quick mannerOne High tip.., In Normal Aps qs., they will form the sentence like this..., Four Years Hence the Ratio of their Age will be 2:3 BUT they will Ask RATIO IS 2:3 & this is 4 years hence../ YA ITS EASY But WHEN GO FOR BIG PROBLEM Not ONLY BIG EVEN THIS PROBLEM YOU WILL Get Confused where to relate the DATA...., NOT Now.., IN THE ONLINE TEST...,------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------** All Will get same QS but it is shuffled** You Have to Attend more than 25 below 32 to get qualified (They wont mention it U Itself Realize when see the Qs)** 0.33 Negative marks------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Beyond this If FATE Plays a major ROLE means------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ They to go for another Set of Qs../ Means........, It would be PUZZLE and DATA INTERPRETATION --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- THATS IT........// i Tell the Major "Problems".., Those things I don't know when i stepped in for the TEST..,Work Around it.., Come out with Flying Colors :rolleyes: ~ Samsul hutha

HI FRIENDS.....dis is dhanunjaya.........i know the new test pattern of TCS... recently my friend wrote online exm....unfortunately he was not shortlisted....... total tcs paper consists of 35 questions...all are aptitude only.... time is 1 hr........... all the best....for freshers who r participating in TCS recriutment.... D H A N U.......

hi guys , i too attended tcs intr in veltec 1pm batch, i too got same ques tat dhanunya got, i remember sum question . it 'l b helpfulBlood relation prob35)the man said i hav none brothers n sisters.the man stood in front of a painting and said this man's father is my fathers son . who s the man in the paintingpuzzle34) lion lies on monday ,tuesday, thursday and rest of the days it speaks truth rat lies on tuesday,wednesday,saturday and rest of the ............................rat and lion said one day tat yesterday only i liedon which day they said25)tat RAPETEKO rearrange to proper word

ya. the new pattern is 35 questions 1 hour time i/3 -ve marking. did anybody get the halltickets from tcs.reply to anuradha.mattupalli@gmail.com

i got hall ticket from tcs mine is on 22 aug

can any body pls post few questions, which u have appeared at any college in hyderabad

Hey I am also waiting for the mail from TCS and the paper pattern was changed and some of them are telling that the pattern is same can u tell me exactly and if it changed plzzzz tell me hw to prepare....

hi, i hv rcvd the mail from TCS. My test is on 21 aug. can somebody plzz teell me the pattern...

Hello Friends.../ I attended the TCS online on 14th August In Bangalore......, Regarding TCS New pattern...? Here i give some Important things for preparation PLEASE GO FOR IT......./ ** The question pattern was 100% Fully changed. ** Only 35 questions 1 hr Time. ** CALCULATOR is ALLOWED----> I came 2 know after i reach there[ Note it., Plz take the calc] ** Only APTITUDE....., There is No Synonyms.., Antonyms..,Verbal..,Critical and ALL. Go for the Following Topics Perfectly......(First Give Preference to starred one) ~ *Numbers ~ Serial Problem ~ Fibonnocci series Based Problems ~ *Age ~ *Pipes and Cisterns ~ *Blood relations ~ *Time and Distance..,Work ~ *Speed related [Train] ~ *Volume and Surface area ~ *Ratio & Proportion ~ *Alligation of Mixture ~ *Probablity ~ Percentage ~ Profit and Loss ~ Average >> Seating Arrangement Problem >> Finally Read the Formula's of GEOMETRY. Listen:: Question was easy We can easily Identify the Unit as soon as you see the Qs. They will confuse you in the following area problems AGE..,Average..,Speed..,Volume & surface.., Ratio..,Seating Arrangements. How they will confuse you Mean ( Some Problems Which came for ME......) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.) This is asked for me...? Kunal and Sagar are Neighbours.., Kunal Buy a Colour Television For Rs.15000., With the Discount of 15% They Ratio of their Ages was 6:5 It was 6yrs ago..,Sagar buy a television for _____ Some Amount.The difference of the discount is 10%.The ratio of their age is 11:10 this is four years hence...,What are their Present Ages...? Refer Exer Prob no 7 in AGE For this -----> Initially it will take Few min to find this prob is Based on P&L or Age....., then Ratio in Age will confuse......., Where to start And What are the DaTa's we should Take will confuse.../ THIS IS THE HEADACHE......,Try to Cure it.., when you are at The VENUE.., 2) The Problems of Ratio..,Volume and Surface QS. Are extend UPTO 10 LINES......, ** SKIP THOSE QUESTIONS ANSWER IT AT LAST 3) RAPETEKO reshuffle the alphabets form a meaningful word and relate it to the following.., a.)Vegetable b.)Friut c.)Bird d.)City 4) There was a scientist who after doing research , found that color of skin of animals vary with change in distance.One day he started to chase a beer .He walked 1 mile towards north , then turned and walked 1 mile towards east and then caught the beer and radio-ribboned the beer Then he left the beer at that spot and returned to his base-station taking a turn towards south (walked 1 mile towards south).Then what was the color of beer at that spot? a)white b)brown c)black d)grey Probablity and Ratio of Proportion are DATA SUFFICIENCY TYPE QUESTION In Ratio they asked A & B are 2 container having water and PEPSI..,If you take 1 spoon of water and pour it into Pepsi and after that You take one spoon of Pepsi and Pour in into Container A... a.) b.) c.) d.) Containing data sufficiency options Probablity Gloves and cap Problem., Problem on Number will be very very easy....., look around (a3+b3) Formula --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am not having the capacity to hold 10 lines of Qs in my Mind...., This is what i remembered You Should need a Presence of Mind...... To Understand the delivered English in Quick manner One High tip.., In Normal Aps qs., they will form the sentence like this..., Four Years Hence the Ratio of their Age will be 2:3 BUT they will Ask RATIO IS 2:3 & this is 4 years hence../ YA ITS EASY But WHEN GO FOR BIG PROBLEM Not ONLY BIG EVEN THIS PROBLEM YOU WILL Get Confused where to relate the DATA...., NOT Now.., IN THE ONLINE TEST..., ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ** All Will get same QS but it is shuffled ** You Have to Attend more than 25 below 32 to get qualified (They wont mention it U Itself Realize when see the Qs) ** 0.33 Negative marks ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Beyond this If FATE Plays a major ROLE means ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ They to go for another Set of Qs../ Means........, It would be PUZZLE and DATA INTERPRETATION --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- THATS IT........// i Tell the Major "Problems".., Those things I don't know when i stepped in for the TEST.., Work Around it.., Come out with Flying Colors :rolleyes: ~ Samsul hutha

hey thanx a lot...its really gonna help...:)

GUYZZZZZZzz thnk u for all ur efforts ... really appreciate .i hv test on saturday .. at bangalore .. i hope someone can recollect more questions for me .. thnk u

hii

I have got the hall ticket and the exam is on 21st August in MLRIT dundigal at 5pm.
So plz who ever wrote the exam kindly post questions that u remember from the exam which might help us cause there are many who is goin 2 write it

if possible send it to my mail....id is tomsubin@gmail.com
Thankz Ya! :)

Hi Job seekers,Here subin, Sharing my info from my frnd....he attended first round of tcs off campus drive for those who applied through tcs web portal.he is from Thangavelu engineering college, - college which doesnt have campus recruitment.First round was an Quantative aptitude round, where we have to answer the online questions through touch stone software developed by IIT madras students. This database have 3lac questions, out of 3lac we ll prompt to 35questions. and time limit is 60 mins.For every correct answer we have 1 mark and for every wrong answer 0.33 mark ll be deduced (one mark for 3 wrong answers).Questions were mainly from age, ratio proportional, speed and distance, sequence, probability, work and time, average, blood relation, area and volume and one logical question.I dont remember all questions, but the questions was lengthy which may carry irrelevant datas for exact question.. The matter is we have to pick out the right part from question as soon as possible(15 to 20 secs), because our average time for each question is 1.5min.As for study material just use RS agarwal Quantitative aptitude book, that is enough. But u must b very much clear about the concepts behind solving problems. Sorting out different type of problems for eg. in section speed and distance, we can have relative speed problem, km/hr to m/sec conversion type problems, speed of train problems, like wise. I suggest you all to sort out these type of problems from rs agarwal and let get clear about the required datas to solve the problem. This may help u in exam to quickly understand the question(which is very much necessary for this exam).And another notable point is u cannot find these questions anywhere else.(nothing from any book).Some of questions in exam, which I remember is as follows:1. 6 persons standing in queue with different age group, after two years their average age will be 43 and seventh person joined with them. hence the current average age has become 45. find the age of seventh person?Solution: Here the question appear as an easy one, but carried a lot of unwanted sentences and unwanted datas(i dint mention above) in exam which may confuse u on solving technique.Let x be current average age of first 6 persons in queue and current age of seventh person be y. Then 6x will become the sum of those 6 persons age.Now, let compute the sum of those 6 persons after two years, 6x+12 (as each and individual increase their age by 2). hence its average become (6x+12)/6 = 43 (give in question itself).So now we can compute x from above equation. (x = 41, 6x = 246)Let now we compute y, ((6x+y)/7) = 45, as we have value of x, compute y.Ans: 692. Horse started to chase dog as it relieved stable two hrs ago. And horse started to ran with average speed 22km/hr, horse crossed 10 mts road and two small pounds with depth 3m, and it crossed two small street with 200 mts length. After traveling 6 hrs, 2hrs after sunset it got dog. compute the speed of dog?Ans: As we have speed and travel time of horse, we can get distance travelled by it... Hence d = 22*6 = 132km,Exactly this 132km was travelled by dog in 8 hours (as it started two hours earlier).Hence speed of dog = 132/8 = 16.5km/hrAns:16.5km/hr.3. 3, 22 , 7, 45, 15, ? , 31Solution: Here it appear simple, because it arranged in arranged in sequence manner, but the actual question was some what twist mentioning fibonacci series and more over question was in statements (no numbers).. hence first try to understand the question well.here let group alternate terms 3,7,15,31 (3+4 =7, 7+8 =15, 15+16=31)Similarly for second group (22,45,? (22+23 = 45, 45+46 = 91) hence ans is 91.4. In Tnagar many buildings were under residential category.for buildings they number as 1 to 100. For shops, corporation numbered between 150 and 200 only prime numbers. how many time 6 will appear in building numbering?Ans:For 1 to 10 - 1 six 2 to 20 - 1 sixSimilarly upto 59 we utilise six, 5 timesfrom 60 to 69 (including 66) - 11 timesfrom 70 to 100 - 3, hence ans = 5+11+3 = 19Ans:19.5. ((4x+3y)+(5x+9y))/(5x+5y) = ? as (x/2y) = 2Ans: 2(simple algebra, i think u no need of explanation)6: If we subract a number with y, we get 4 increase of number, once it got divided by y itself.. Find that number??Ans: 12 (we can easily predict from options, as we take y as 6)7. I dont remember exactly the question, one logical problem stating the colour of beer?Ans: white.8. Jumbled letters, parakeet(answer)Ans: bird(category)9. ratio proportional problem with age. Sorry, dint remember exact question.10. one question like. (209*144)^2 + (209*209)+(209*144)+(144*144) = ?Ans: here you can use calc, many(4 to 5) questions were depend upon calc alone.(no need problem solving technique).11. Im only son for my parents. (some irrelevant statements in the middle to distract u).The man in picture is my father's son.(some irrelevant statements).who is he?Ans: he himself(blood relation type of question).As I successfully answered these above mentioned questions, im unable to get through the process. Then u just think off, that how far u have to prepare to crack this. Take the exam as serious one and crack the competitive world.I hope these questions will help you to get an idea on how to crack tcs first round. My suggestion is first go through all questions and try to answer simple questions first. Its easy for everyone to answer 16 to 17 right answers, beyond 17 it is very much tough to answer. as the Cutoff in other cities like banglore and hyderabad is 18.But in Chennai, i dont think they have cut off, because I answered 21 questions with 2 doubt answers(other 19 confirmly correct). But I failed to get through this round as i got 28pos in list. Only first 20pos selected out of 700(approx.) people in my batch.As im not very much strong on verbal, here i got good opportunity to prove myself, as the questions only from numerical ability. So i put on my full ability to get through this online exam. But im unable to crack, and this exam clearly showed that im not having enough stuff to get in to an mnc. Im a useless fellow. As i got extremely vexed on losing this interview, i want u people not to loose this golden opportunity, like me. please take my experience as an cracking tool for exam and try to get through this exam. For this reason alone im posting these questions. The real matter is how far u utilize your 60 min in test. first understand question in 15 to 20 seconds, or else skip it.The real thing is each and every question is mind blogging. I wish you all the best to clear this round and also to get in india's top mnc company. Please carry calculator with u. It may help you very much.

Hey I am also waiting for the mail from TCS and the paper pattern was changed and some of them are telling that the pattern is same can u tell me exactly and if it changed plzzzz tell me hw to prepare....

Hello guys. I had attempted TCS exam in kerala. The pattern was changed. It will contain 35 questions. Every question is very tricky,but easy. We have 2 manage time or else we will lose. one example i can give u he said a scientist is doing research on bears. one day he followed the bear, he followed it by gonig 15km north,then he again turned right and went 20km. then what is the colour of the bear? it had taken me 3 mins 2 uderstnd the question. but the ans is black.

Hello guys. I had attempted TCS exam in kerala. The pattern was changed. It will contain 35 questions. Every question is very tricky,but easy. We have 2 manage time or else we will lose. one example i can give u he said a scientist is doing research on bears. one day he followed the bear, he followed it by gonig 15km north,then he again turned right and went 20km. then what is the colour of the bear? it had taken me 3 mins 2 uderstnd the question. but the ans is black.

can u give us few more questionz n solutions fr it??

hi friends wat u heard is rit tcs has change d pattern i attend last saturday and by god's grace i got placed in tcs matotal 35 questions and full of quantitative only and 0.33 negative marking. question contains, 1.time and work, 2.percentage, 3.ratio and proportions, 4.train problem, 5.a2-b2,a3-b3 problem, 6.number series, 7.area formulasand one important thing is time management. because all questions contains 10 or 15 lines so be careful don't tick anything fluke.

hii

I have got the hall ticket and the exam is on 21st August in MLRIT dundigal at 5pm.
So plz who ever wrote the exam kindly post questions that u remember from the exam which might help us cause there are many who is goin 2 write it

if possible send it to my mail....id is tomsubin@gmail.com
Thankz Ya! :)

hello Thomas,
This is swathi.Congratulations and all the best for your cbt.can you please tell me in which year you passedout 2009 or 10.

Hi dushyant, I am not able to answer that bear question. How did you solve it???

hello Thomas, This is swathi.Congratulations and all the best for your cbt.can you please tell me in which year you passedout 2009 or 10.

hey swathi, Am 2010 passed out...n thnkz ya!

hi frnd .how is ur test ..can u share ur experience.. try to make a reply as soon as possible..how was the questions...if possible plz frnds suggest about the type of questions to my mail id..rsanthi_1988@yahoo.com..Thanks in advance

Hey I am exam on 22nd and the paper pattern was changed and some of them are telling that the pattern is same can u tell me exactly and if it changed plzzzz tell me hw to prepare....and venue deatils areMarri Laxman Reddy Institute of Technology & Mana DundigalQutbullapur Hyderabad-43.can any one tell how to reach ther from sr nagar

hi, me arijit 4m bangalore...just nw i get my hall ticket for the exam..It will be held in SJB Institute of Technology on 21st august...cn u tell me wat is the new pattern of tcs??plez do rply...its urgent...arijit1820@gmail.com