Sign in to follow this  
Akshata

Campus Recruitment : How to Prepare ?

Hello friends, I am Akshata doing Engineering(CS).I am in 5 sem. Next year i have got to face my campus recruitment.Please enlighten me on campus recruitment(Preparations i need to make for recruitment). I give lot of attention to my academics(My aggregate uptil now is 81%), but i dont participate in cocurricular activities.do these cocurricular activities give that extra edge. Should i participate in these activities or should i pay attention to my studies. Please guide me.

Hello friends, I am Akshata doing Engineering(CS).I am in 5 sem. Next year i have got to face my campus recruitment.Please enlighten me on campus recruitment(Preparations i need to make for recruitment). I give lot of attention to my academics(My aggregate uptil now is 81%),but i dont participate in cocurricular activities.do these cocurricular activities give that extra edge. Should i participate in these activities or should i pay attention to my studies.Please guide me.

Hi Akshata, u said u have the campus recruitment in ur college. so, what are the profiles of the companies which come to ur college? For software companies, u need not worry, u have good percentage and ur anxiety shows how serious u r about ur career. Apart from this, if u have communication skills, it wud be enuff to sail thru them very easily. If u also get the companies which offer positions like business analyst, financial analyst etc... then u need to show ur participation in the co- and extra- curricular activities. u have to prove ur leadership and management skills in the events u organise in the college and shud have gud analytical thinking.All the best

I am Akshata doing Engineering(CS).I am in 5 sem. Next year i have got to face my campus recruitment. Please enlighten me on campus recruitment(Preparations i need to make for recruitment). I give lot of attention to my academics(My aggregate uptil now is 81%), but i dont participate in cocurricular activities.

do these cocurricular activities give that extra edge. Should i participate in these activities or should i pay attention to my studies. Please guide me.

Dear Akshata,

I am giving below few general guidelines. Let us know if you need any specific suggestions. Also we will be happy if you can submit your campus papers here whenever you attend a company's test/interview. That will help a lot of other people.

1) As Chaitanya said, as long as your communication is good enough, you don't need more extra-curricular activities for your %.

2) First you need to decide what you are going to do and prepare with a "direction" instead of blindly attending all companies and then ending up with no offer letter.

3) I mean to say - first find out the list of companies that will be coming to your campus. Choose your target companies and prepare for them. You can attempt other companies as well, but most of your focus should be in preparing for the targetted companies.

4) Most important - Get the previous papers of those companies and prepare them. You can get around 1500 Placement Papers of all companies at our interview site: www.ChetanaSinterview.com Just go there and down load the papers.

5) For any exam, you should be thorough with Aptitude. Complete R.S.Agarwal end-to-end at least twice. Try to improve your speed and accuracy at aptitude. Work them keeping your clock besides you.

6) Next is Puzzles. Prapare ShakuntalaDevi puzzle books. This will help you not only to crack Infosys, but also for many other exams. You can take the help of 'APTITUDE AND PUZZLE DISCUSSIONS' board for that. Just have a look at the puzzles solved there.

7) GRE Barrons - Old edition. Prepare all the analytical questions. If you are analytically very good, then it may not be needed. However I suggest to go through this at least once.

8) Seeing your %, I am assuming you are good at your subjects. You should always have 2 subjects in which you are very strong in basics. In the interview, if it's going negatively, then you can ask them to test you in those subjects. But you should not miss any questions in those.

9) Since you are CS student, I am not asking whether you know C,C++. You should at least know those two for your interviews. You can follow 'Yashwant Kanetkar' book for interviews.

10) You should be prepared with the most basic HR questions like 'Tell me about yourself', 'You strengths & Weaknesses' etc. You can take the help of 'HR INTERVIEW HELPLINE' board for that. Just have a look at the questions there.

11) Be confident while answering the questions in your interview. Your confidence will play major role in your success. If you don't know the answer to any question, be frank to say 'I don't know'.

Go through previous year's placement paper question and answerGo thorugh C book by kerningham and ritchieGo through Unix OS book by BachGo through a good Network book(like tanentbaum,etc)Do not try to outsmart/lie in interview.Best of luck.

Nowadays it's completely different scenario, companies started looking for what are the interests of a candidate apart from academic score. They wants to more about their hobbies and interests to make out their employability skills. If students or freshers wants to verify how employable they are as per current hiring scenario, then they should apply for employability assessment test, like amcat, which not only tells you your employability score but also helps you in working on your deficit skills.

Prepare for aptitude tests. Aptitude tests are conducted to eliminate all number of candidates to make the recruitment process more easier. 

Don’t make these mistakes before or during an interview

There are many candidates searching for job apply for it and fail miserably in the interviews. Here is a career advice for you please do not make these mistakes in an interview. There are many job opening for freshers so , do not worry make use of this opportunity by reading these tips.

1) Don’t be late

If you are called for an interview just note down the place and time. If you are in the same area well and good but if you are a bit far within the city or out of the town then you need to plan your trip well in advanced counting all the factors like traffic, weather, transport etc. Being a bit late to the interview will act as a bad remark with respect to your interview.

2) Don’t be unprepared

If you have been scheduled with the interview venue and timings then you need to start preparing for the interview and its various rounds like technical round and HR round and if you are not rehearsing it then you will find it hard to answer without blabbering. Do a good research about the company, most candidates don’t do that and therefore are found dumb when asked about the company.

3) Do not bad mouth about the former employer

Any kind of negativity is an unwelcoming language in an interview. You should not talk ill if asked about your former employer (although he/she was bad). Always share some good points about your ex boss and if asked about any negative points then shares some decent negative points like he/she needs stress busters and does not care about their health etc.

4) Do not use “I” instead use “We”

You won’t grow if you are not willing to work in a team. Using “I” will make an impression of self contentedness. Don’t fail to appreciate the combined efforts of your team. Use the word “WE” it will make you more appealing that you love to work in a team and is not a loner.

5) Do not inquire about holidays during the interview.

IF you ask about the number of holidays granted by the company during the interview then it will make the employer feel that you are here to enjoy and not work seriously.

Here are the best interview preparation for fresher:

1. DO A RESEARCH OF THE COMPANY:
Carry out a detailed study of the employer and the industry, so you are prepared for the interview question “Can you tell something about this company?” Try to recall what you have found out about the organization while replying to the questions. Get to know the interviewer’s name, and address it amid the interview. In case you do not know the name, enquire before the interview. Developing affinity and giving a personal touch can up your odds of getting the job. Employers tend to procure candidates they like, and who appear to be a solid match for the organization’s environment.

2. BE PUNCTUAL:
Be on schedule for the interview. On time implies five to ten minutes prior. In the event that need be, leave early to drive to the interview location early so you know precisely where you are going and how much time it will take to reach. Give yourself a couple of additional minutes to visit the rest room, check your clothes, and stay relaxed.

3. BE PREPARED:
Rehearse your answers to the common interview questions

Here are the best campus interview preparation for fresher:

1. DO A RESEARCH OF THE COMPANY:
Carry out a detailed study of the employer and the industry, so you are prepared for the interview question “Can you tell something about this company?” Try to recall what you have found out about the organization while replying to the questions. Get to know the interviewer’s name, and address it amid the interview. In case you do not know the name, enquire before the interview. Developing affinity and giving a personal touch can up your odds of getting the job. Employers tend to procure candidates they like, and who appear to be a solid match for the organization’s environment.

2. BE PUNCTUAL:
Be on schedule for the interview.