Photo
- - - - -

Careers aspects in php ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sonia pant

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

Dear Friends,I would just confused form last 2 months and found this forums so thought to try this at last. I am having more than 3 years of experience in software development.But initially i worked as SEO executive. But after 8 months i joined as PHP developer.Again i switched from the company and joined another where they assured of .net developer but as being a small organization i worked for .net and open source technologies.Now after working there more than 2 years i am confused either to switch in .net as i am interested in or should join with current one as in php profile.Please guide.thanks and regardsSonia

#2 Doublefish JobsStore

Doublefish JobsStore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

There is no doubt, PHP should exist for ever (at least for next 20+ years), and its open-source model..net model would exist as long as Microsoft exist, or Microsoft supports, since its Microsoft who is providing the compilers and tools for a developer to develop a .NET app.PHP/PERL/Java(Java scripts/Ajax), all are open-source, open-source is supported and maintained by 1000s of people across, there is no point such as risk !Hope it is clear.

#3 John Rocks

John Rocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

I think think you shouldn't change your fiel if changing continue than you loosing more thing.

#4 frank castle

frank castle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

I think you should stick to one basic field and become an expert in that particular field.If you keep changing field so abruptly then an employer might have doubts about your consistency and stability.

#5 gaurish pandurang thakkar

gaurish pandurang thakkar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

ITS better to remain in the field and gain top level expertise... :rolleyes:

#6 sean lopez

sean lopez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

I would like to suggest you to switching to PHP Developer is good choice to build your career growth....

#7 Zuidam

Zuidam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Dear Friends, I would just confused form last 2 months and found this forums so thought to try this at last. I am having more than 3 years of experience in software development.But initially i worked as SEO executive. But after 8 months i joined as PHP developer.Again i switched from the company and joined another where they assured of .net developer but as being a small organization i worked for .net and open source technologies.Now after working there more than 2 years i am confused either to switch in .net as i am interested in or should join with current one as in php profile. Please guide. thanks and regards Sonia

There are many career opportunities in PHP. Since PHP is a web development language, you can choose web development as your core expertise with PHP. Many successful websites from different domains like Social Networking, Web2.0, CMS,CRM and E-Commerce are developed using PHP. So,you can have opportunities in working above domains with PHP. Good luck!

#8 Zuidam

Zuidam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

It depends entirely on what you want to do as a job. If you want to be a programmer, PHP should be just one of the many many tools you use to ‘get the job done’. I would advice you to at least learn 2 or 3 other languages, both for your own personal benefit as well as your CV tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users