Photo

why c is called procedural language?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ankit chitkara

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

- PLEASE SHARE

hi frnd plz answer what to answer this questi0n:why c is called procedural language? and c++ not?plz answer this question i am posting it second time. plz frnds don't ignore......thanks

#2 govindkrishna

govindkrishna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:56 AM

hi frnd plz answer what to answer this questi0n: why c is called procedural language? and c++ not? plz answer this question i am posting it second time. plz frnds don't ignore...... thanks

#3 govindkrishna

govindkrishna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

hello ankit. ' C' language was designed like that. we should write the pattern that c follows.it is also called as structured language because it is having a structure i.e declare var before use,clrscr() fun should be use after dec var like that there are so many issues.if not clarified send once again.

#4 ramesh reddy.y

ramesh reddy.y

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

c is called procedure oreiented language due to complex programs are divided in few procedures it gives clarity procedure to the program ,,, c++ is also procedure oriented language,,,, c++ = procedure oriented+partially oop language,,

#5 ankit chitkara

ankit chitkara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:25 AM

any more answers plz...........

#6 dhnSandy

dhnSandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

Procedural means this ---specifying the steps the program must take to reach the desired state.. Arrite..A procedural programming language provides a programmer a means to define precisely each step in the performance of a task--- and this is what C forces to do ,,declaring variables above all.. defining function prototypes first before using that ,,, Arrite..step-by-step instructions on how the task is to be done.. or call it a procedure ..You can implement an algorithm step by step in procedural language .. without introducing the OOPS concept of classes and objects ... I hope u got wht i wanted to xplain ..

#7 dhnSandy

dhnSandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

Procedural means this ---specifying the steps the program must take to reach the desired state.. Arrite..A procedural programming language provides a programmer a means to define precisely each step in the performance of a task--- and this is what C forces to do ,,declaring variables above all.. defining function prototypes first before using that ,,, Arrite..step-by-step instructions on how the task is to be done.. or call it a procedure ..You can implement an algorithm step by step in procedural language .. without introducing the OOPS concept of classes and objects ... I hope u got wht i wanted to xplain ..:) :ph34r: