Photo
- - - - -

HR Interview : Plz tell me how to answer these questions...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pradev

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

1.What are your long term and short term career goals? What has influenced your thinking while evaluating your career options?2.Describe a challenging and difficult project which you have undertaken. What did you do? Explain your reasons for the same and the outcome. 3.Describe a situation where you have needed to involve others to achieve a task or deal with conflict among team members. What did you do? Explain your reasons for the same and the outcome. 4.Describe a situation / project where you have been able to bring tangible benefit to the end consumer / customer by adopting an innovative approach. What did you do? Explain your reasons for the same and the outcome.

#2 bobby_777

bobby_777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

these question can be answered only by you.do not search for views on this coz....its all ur exp that is to be told to them.so feel it like a discussion and express everything u have for that query.

#3 ChetanaS

ChetanaS

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 44,697 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:10 AM

What are your long term and short term career goals? What has influenced your thinking while evaluating your career options?

I will try to give you some idea. Prepare your answers based on that if you like this.

In next 3 years (short term goal), I want to acquire as many technical skills as possible. I want to become perfect in at least one/two technologies. I want to excel to the next level of 'Senior Programmer' / 'Module Lead' position. But my primary aim is to acquire technical skills. That is because - I believe that a (project) manager will not be respected much by his teammates unless he has good command over technology. He might be a good manager, but if he wants get more respect & get his work done, he should know the technical things in a better way. Then only, he will be in commanding position. Then only he will be able to judge the project timelines & task allocation perfectly. So I believe it is very importat to acquire technical skills in the initial stages of one's career.

In long term (6 or 7 years down the line), I will try to become a good manager. Because it's very difficult task to manage a set of people from various cultural backgrounds, various technical skills, various interests and get the work (project) done. I want to take up that challenging task.