Photo

What is VSS ? How can we use that ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alla_vijji

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

- PLEASE SHARE

what is vss?how can we use that?what r the icoms in that & how can we use them?

#2 ChetanaS

ChetanaS

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,975 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

VSS is Visual Source Safe, a popular version control tool developed by Microsoft.

It is used in Configuration Management.

VSS is effective tool if more than one programmer is involved and the project is divided into modules. Even the small modification / change made to the source code will be available on each version of source code and is saved individually, it can be retrieved any time.

#3 alla_vijji

alla_vijji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:19 AM

VSS is Visual Source Safe, a popular version control tool developed by Microsoft.

It is used in Configuration Management.

VSS is effective tool if more than one programmer is involved and the project is divided into modules. Even the small modification / change made to the source code will be available on each version of source code and is saved individually, it can be retrieved any time.

thank u for reply.can u send me the pages of vss?

#4 ChetanaS

ChetanaS

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,975 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

thank u for reply.can u send me the pages of vss?

Sorry, I did not get you. What do you mean by 'pages' ? :unsure:

#5 CM-Chap

CM-Chap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

Hi,I guess you are talking about VSS knowledge base.... If so you can easily get it by Googling.My 2 cents about VSS:Its basically a version control tool suitable for small & medium size projectsIts lightweight product when compared to others like Clearcase, perforceCheersMuthu

#6 getzephyr

getzephyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

According to my knowledge Visual SourceSafe, simply put, is a source control system. Source control is highly desirable when developing software, web sites, or anywhere you may want to compare two versions of a file or return to a previous version.

#7 chandu863

chandu863

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

VSS is Visual Source Safe, it is a storage place where clients can see the updated documents or files in a project/s. and to enter into that vss user must have a userid and password, with that he/she can view the files and copy into our systems, then update the files into vss, then every one can able to view the files / documents

#8 rumaa kulkarni

rumaa kulkarni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

One can use the Tortoise SVN instead too.............................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users